The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
Audio/Video Backup Power Block - Exclusive UPS Protection for Structured Wiring Enclosure
Model Number: AV550SC
- 4 AC outlets (including 1 delay-on outlet for router)
- Automatic recycle/reset button
- Auto-restart capability
- Regulated 12V DC output for 4 devices
- Complete surge/spike protection
- HD-compatible 2.2GHz coaxial and telephone/modem/DSL line surge protection; 550VA of battery backup
The AV550SC Backup Power Block provides the highest level of protection for structured cabling installations (ie. telephone, Internet and coax connections). With reliable battery backup, surge protection and EMI/RFI line noise filtering, the AV550SC provides a complete protection solution for audio/video distribution systems by supporting modems, routers, RF amplifiers, network interfaces, cameras, modulators and other equipment through all power problems. In the event of a power failure, the AV550SC includes an auto-restart feature that eliminates the need to perform an on-site restart. In addition, when a modem or router freeze-up occurs, the AV550SC features a recycle/reset button with sequential outlet startup for proper modem and router rebooting.
- 3 widely-spaced AC outlets (2 Auxiliary, 1 Modem)power, reset or start up connected equipment during a blackout or system freeze-up (provide battery backup, surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering) - 4 outlets total
- 60-second delay-on AC outlet (router) powers and resets the router during a blackout or system freeze-up and delays router start-up for proper system rebooting (provides battery backup, surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering)
- 12V DC (1-Amp) output connector provides an additional output power source for 12V DC devices as well as battery backup protection for 4 devices
- Recycle/reset button resets connected equipment during system freeze-ups with sequential outlet startup
- HD-compatible 2.2GHz coax jacks protect connected coax lines against surge damage and filter disruptive EMI/RFI line noise.
- Tel/modem/DSL jacks protect connected telephone,modem or DSL lines against surge damage and filter disruptive EMI/RFI line noise
- IEC power input connector accepts included 6-inch power cord
- Diagnostic/Overload LEDs: Alert users to potential power problems before they affect connected equipment.
- Resettable circuit breaker prevents dangerous system overloads
- Auto-restart capability eliminates the need to perform an on-site restart
- 550VA/300 watts standby UPS system
- Convenient installation designed to fit in the bottom left corner of structured wiring enclosures without the need for mounting screws or brackets
- Mounting screw holes are included on the back of the unit for convenient board, wall or ceiling mounting (for projectors)
- Customizable labels for easier cord/cable indentification and maintenance
- AV550SC backup power block
- Detachable 6 in. C14 power cord
- Owner's manual with warranty information
|Output Volt Amp Capacity (VA)||550|
|Output Watt Capacity (Watts)||300|
|Nominal Output Voltage(s) Supported||115V; 120V|
|Frequency Compatibility||60 Hz|
|Output Voltage Regulation (Battery Mode)||115V (+/- 5%)|
|UPS Output Receptacles||4 5-15R outlet(s)|
|Output Receptacle Details||One receptacle has a 60 second power-up delay|
|Output AC Waveform (AC Mode)||Sine wave|
|Output AC Waveform (Battery Mode)||PWM sine wave|
|Rated input current (Maximum Load)||10A|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||120V AC|
|UPS Input Connection Type||5-15P; C14 inlet|
|UPS Input Connection Description||5-15P input cable is detachable via C14 inlet on UPS|
|Input Circuit Breakers||10A|
|UPS Input Cord Length (ft.)||0.5|
|UPS Input Cord Length (m)||0.2|
|Recommended Electrical Service||15A 120V|
|Full Load Runtime (min.)||3 min. (300w)|
|Half Load Runtime (min.)||10 min. (150w)|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||12|
|Battery Recharge Rate (Included Batteries)||Less than 9 hours from 10% to 90%|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|LED Indicators||2 LEDs indicate power status and overload/low battery status|
|Switches||Includes 1 on/off push button (also acts as recycle/reset button)|
SURGE / NOISE SUPPRESSION
|UPS AC Suppression Joule Rating||1038|
|UPS AC Suppression Response Time||Instantaneous|
|UPS Dataline Suppression||1 line TEL/DSL (1 in / 1 out); Coax jacks (1 set)|
|UPS Dataline Suppression Details||HD-compatible 2.2GHz coaxial protection|
|EMI / RFI AC Noise Suppression||Yes|
|Primary Form Factor||Tower|
|UPS Power Module Dimensions (hwd, in.)||8.4 x 6.8 x 3|
|UPS Power Module Dimensions (hwd, cm)||21.2 x 17.2 x 7.5|
|UPS Power Module Weight (lbs.)||7.8|
|UPS Power Module Weight (kg)||3.5|
|UPS Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||4.5 x 8.4 x 9.9|
|UPS Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||11.5 x 21.2 x 25.2|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||8.4|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||3.8|
|UPS Housing Material||Sheet metal|
|Operating Temperature Range||+32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit / 0 to +40 degrees Celsius|
|Storage Temperature Range||+5 to +122 degrees Fahrenheit / -15 to +50 degrees Celsius|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 95%, non-condensing|
|AC Mode BTU / Hr. (Full Load)||31.5|
|Battery Mode BTU / Hr. (Full Load)||223.9|
|AC Mode Efficiency Rating (100% Load)||97%|
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
|Transfer Time||4 milliseconds|
|Low Voltage Transfer to Battery Power (Setpoint)||99V (adjustable to 83V via potentiometer)|
|High Voltage Transfer to Battery Power (Setpoint)||yes|
|Green Energy-Saving Features||High efficiency economy mode operation; Greater than 95% efficiency - GREEN UPS|
|UPS Certifications||Tested to UL1778 (USA); Tested to CSA (Canada); Tested to NOM (Mexico); Meets FCC Part 15 Category B (EMI); Meets FCC Part 68 / Industrie Canada (telecommunications); ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)|
|Product Warranty Period (Worldwide)||2-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Based on the equipment planning to be connected this unit may be undersized.
We do however have many other options that will work just as well for your application. For further info please reach out to our presales applications team at 773-869-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended Warranties & Start-Up/On-Site Services: Extended Warranties
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.