Runtime chart for INTERNET550U
Runtime tests are performed with new, fully charged batteries under typical office or data center environmental conditions.
The runtimes presented here are estimates based on actual data points.
The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
Internet Office 550VA Ultra-compact Standby 120V UPS with USB port
Model Number: INTERNET550U
- 550VA ultra-compact 120V standby UPS
- Maintains AC output during power failures
- 4 UPS battery supported outlets, 4 surge-only outlets
- USB port, TEL/DSL protection, Wall mountable, 99% efficient
- NEMA 5-15P input plug and 8 NEMA 5-15R outlets
- This product is ENERGY STAR qualified for its ability to save customers money while helping to protect the environment
Tripp Lite's INTERNET550U standby UPS offers complete protection for PCs, workstations and other sensitive electronics in an attractive ultra-compact, mountable housing. Prevents data loss and system downtime by providing battery supported AC output during brownouts and blackout conditions. 8 output receptacles, two of which are widely-spaced to accommodate large transformer plugs without blocking outlets. 4 outlets with full battery support and surge suppression protect computers, monitors and other vital system components from loss of power. 4 additional outlets with surge suppression-only are ideal for printers and other accessories not requiring battery support. Single line telephone suppression jacks protect modem, fax machine, cordless phone or other peripherals with a standard dialup or DSL phone line connection. USB port with PowerAlert monitoring software (available via web download) and cabling enables safe unattended system shutdown in the case of extended power failure. HID-compliant USB interface enables integration with built-in power management and auto-shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X. Audible alarm and front panel LEDs offer status information regarding line and battery power operation. 550VA/300 watt power handling ability supports entry-level PCs for up to 17 minutes during power failures. $100,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance (U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico only).
- INTERNET550U standby UPS offers complete protection from blackouts, brownouts and surges on both AC and Tel/DSL line connections
- 8 outlets, two of which are widely spaced to accommodate large transformer plugs without blocking outlets
- 4 battery supported outlets protect computer, monitor and vital system peripherals, plus 4 additional surge suppression-only outlets for printers and other system accessories not requiring battery support
- Provides battery derived AC output during blackouts and brownouts
- 550VA/300 watt power handling ability supports a variety of PCs, workstations and other sensitive electronics
- Supports entry-level PC systems up to 17 minutes during blackout conditions
- Built-in single line Tel/DSL line surge suppression protects modem, fax machine or cordless phone
- USB port, PowerAlert software (available via web download) and cabling offer safe unattended shutdown without data loss during extended outages
- HID-compliant USB interface enables integration with built-in power management and auto-shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X.
- Supports Tripp Lite's Watchdog system service to restore operation to locked equipment through soft reboot of application/OS or hard power off/on reboot of connected equipment - ideal for unattended kiosk applications
- Space saving, ultra-compact housing fits almost anywhere
- Optional PDUB15 bypass PDU enables hot-swappable UPS replacement with no disruption to connected equipment
- Keyhole mounting flanges enable secure wallmount installation
- INTERNET550U UPS System
- USB cable
- Instruction manual
|Output Volt Amp Capacity (VA)||550|
|Output Watt Capacity (Watts)||300|
|Nominal Output Voltage(s) Supported||115V; 120V|
|Frequency Compatibility||60 Hz|
|Output Voltage Regulation (Battery Mode)||115V (+/- 5%)|
|UPS Output Receptacles||8 5-15R outlet(s)|
|UPS Output Receptacles (Surge Suppression Only)||4 UPS outlets, 4 surge-only outlets|
|Hot-Swap PDU options||PDUB15 (2U / 8 5-15R outlets)|
|Output AC Waveform (AC Mode)||Sine wave|
|Output AC Waveform (Battery Mode)||PWM sine wave|
|Rated input current (Maximum Load)||10A|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||120V AC|
|UPS Input Connection Type||5-15P|
|Input Circuit Breakers||10A|
|UPS Input Cord Length (ft.)||6|
|UPS Input Cord Length (m)||1.8|
|Recommended Electrical Service||15A 120V|
|Half Load Runtime (min.)||10 minutes (150w)|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||12|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|LED Indicators||2 LEDs indicate power status and overload/check battery status|
|Audible Alarm||Audible alarm indicates power-failure and overload status|
|Switches||Combination switch controls on/off power status and self-test operation|
SURGE / NOISE SUPPRESSION
|UPS AC Suppression Joule Rating||420|
|UPS AC Suppression Response Time||Instantaneous|
|UPS Dataline Suppression||1 line TEL/DSL (1 in / 1 out)|
|EMI / RFI AC Noise Suppression||Yes|
|Installation Form Factors Supported with Included Accessories||Tower; Ultra-compact desktop|
|Primary Form Factor||Desktop|
|UPS Power Module Dimensions (hwd, in.)||3.1 x 5.7 x 10.8|
|UPS Power Module Dimensions (hwd, cm)||7.8 x 14.6 x 27.6|
|UPS Power Module Weight (lbs.)||6.5|
|UPS Power Module Weight (kg)||3|
|UPS Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||4.1 x 8 x 13|
|UPS Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||10.4 x 20.3 x 33|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||7|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||3.2|
|UPS Housing Material||ABS|
|Operating Temperature Range||+32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit / 0 to +40 degrees Celsius|
|Storage Temperature Range||+5 to +122 degrees Fahrenheit / -15 to +50 degrees Celsius|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 95%, non-condensing|
|AC Mode BTU / Hr. (Full Load)||14|
|Battery Mode BTU / Hr. (Full Load)||194.3|
|AC Mode Efficiency Rating (100% Load)||99%|
|Communications Interface||USB (HID enabled)|
|PowerAlert Software||Free download from www.tripplite.com|
|Communications Cable||USB interface cable included|
|WatchDog Compatibility||Supports Watchdog application, OS and hard-reboot restart options for remote applications|
|Network UPS Tools Compatibility||NUT compatible. See the full list of Tripp Lite NUT compatible UPS systems at http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html?manufacturer=Tripp Lite|
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
|Transfer Time||4 milliseconds (AC to battery mode) / 2 milliseconds (battery mode to AC)|
|Low Voltage Transfer to Battery Power (Setpoint)||99|
|High Voltage Transfer to Battery Power (Setpoint)||139|
|Cold Start (Startup in Battery Mode During a Power Failure)||Cold-start operation supported|
|Green Energy-Saving Features||Greater than 95% efficiency - GREEN UPS|
|UPS Certifications||Tested to UL1778 (USA); Tested to CSA (Canada); Tested to NOM (Mexico); Meets FCC Part 15 Category B (EMI); ENERGY STAR Qualified|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||3-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Latin America)||3-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||3-year limited warranty|
|Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico)||$100,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Our Chicago-based team of tech support experts is available to work with you at your convenience online and via phone or fax:
Online Tech Support
Please have the unit(s) serial numbers available for quick reference when calling.
Please contact our Chicago-based team of tech support experts directly online and via phone or fax in order to discuss the options for diabling your alarm:
Online Tech Support
Please have the unit(s) serial numbers available for quick reference when calling. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
I turned the unit off and on several times and now it no longer beeps. Searching the manual I found nothing to explain the beeping?
What does this mean? Is the unit defective?
However we have many other units unit the 500-600 va range with replacement battery options.
For assistance in choosing an optional UPS please contact our presales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-869-1234.
They'll not only be able to provide info on a replacement battery but also help with troubleshooting to make sure the units will work with battery replacement.
Power Management: Software
PDUs: PDUs by Type
This product has a 3-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
- Runtime Chart for UPS Model INTERNET550U[pdf - 30 Kb]
- UPS Mounting Template (INTERNET550U, INTERNET550SER, INTERNET600U, ECO550UPS)[pdf - 126 Kb]
- Quick Start Guide for Flatpack UPS Systems 932873[pdf - 204 Kb]
- Owner's Manual for Internet Office & BC Personal UPS 932641[pdf - 837 Kb]
- Sealed Lead-Acid Battery Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)[pdf - 128 Kb]
- PowerAlert Power Management Software[free download]
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.