The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
PowerVerter® Plus 2000W Industrial-Strength Inverter with 2 Outlets
Model Number: PV2000FC
- Designed for heavy duty and motor loads
- 12V DC input; 120V AC output; 2 outlets
- 2000W continuous output
- Peak surge output: OverPower (up to 1 hour)—3000W, Double-Boost (up to 10 seconds)—4000W
- High-efficiency power conversion
- Automatic overload protection
Utilize your vehicle's battery to efficiently power office equipment on the road or power tools at a work site. Continuously supplies up to 2000W of 120V AC power to 2 AC outlets from any 12V battery or automotive DC source. Frequency control locks AC output at 60Hz for operating stability of motor loads. Includes a set of high-current DC input terminals for simple, permanent installation. Highly reliable large transformer design specializes in powering motors and other inductive loads with high-current startup needs. Built-in RJ45 port allows connection of APS/PowerVerter Remote Switch (APSRM4)
OPTIONAL FEATURES: Optional load sense function enables automatic inverter shutoff and startup as connected equipment is powered off and on. Front panel load sense potentiometer can be set to shut off or turn on inverter power in response to loads of any level. Ignition Switch Control Jack connects inverter to vehicle ignition system to automatically control inverter. Inverter ON/OFF Relay Jack connects to a user-supplied on/off indicator for remote visual status of the operation of the inverter.
NOTE: To protect against high current draw that may occur during inverter failure, a fuse link rated at 400a should be positioned no more than 18" from the PV2000FC's battery in the positive line.
- Allows users to run large, motorized AC appliances from any 12V battery or automotive DC system
- Converts 12V DC battery power to 120V AC power
- 2000W continuous output power
- Peak surge output: OverPower (up to 1 hour) 3000W, Double-Boost (up to 10 seconds) 4000W
- 2 x NEMA 5-15/20R outlets; DC input terminals for 12V battery connection
- Frequency control for operating stability
- High-efficiency operation conserves batteries to prolong runtime
- Diagnostic LEDs indicate load level (high, medium, and low) and battery charge (high, medium, and low)
- DC fusing protects inverter against overload
- High-impact polycarbonate housing
- RJ45 port allows connection of APS/PowerVerter Remote Switch (APSRM4)
- Grounding lug properly connects the inverter system to earth ground or vehicle grounding system
- Load sense function enables automatic inverter shutoff and startup as connected equipment is powered off and on.
- Ideal for industrial power tools, window air conditioners, electric motors, pumps, desktop computers, laptops, portable electronics, battery chargers for cell phones and games, large-screen TV/DVD/stereo systems, camcorders, lighting and other AC applications under 2000W continuous/ 4000W peak.
- PV2000FC Inverter
- Instruction manual
|Product Group||POWER INVERTERS|
|Intended Application||Utility/Long-Haul Truck; RV/Marine|
|Frequency Compatibility||60 Hz|
|Continuous Output Capacity (Watts)||2000|
|Peak Output Capacity (Watts)||4000|
|Output Nominal Voltage||120V|
|Output Voltage Regulation||Maintains PWM sine wave output voltage of 120 V AC (+/-5%)|
|Output Frequency Regulation||60 Hz (+/- 0.3 Hz)|
|Overload Protection||Circuit breaker|
|Outlet Quantity / Type||2 NEMA 5-15R|
|Recommended Electrical Service||Requires 12V DC input source capable of delivering 200A for the required duration (when used at full capacity). For automotive applications, professional hardwire installation with 400A battery system fusing is recommended|
|Maximum Input Amps / Watts||Full continuous load - 200A at 12V DC, No load - 2.2A at 12V DC|
|Input Connection Type||Set of 2 DC bolt-down wiring terminals|
|Input Cord Length Details||User supplies cabling; 2/0 gauge or larger recommended|
|Voltage Compatibility (VDC)||12|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||12|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Switches||3-position on/off/remote switch enables simple on/off power control plus "remote" setting that enables distant on/off control of the inverter system when used in conjunction with optional APSRM4 accessory|
|Front Panel LEDs||Set of 6 LEDs offers continuous status information on load percentage (6 levels reported) and battery charge level (7 levels reported). See manual for sequences|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||13.5 x 15 x 21.5|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||34.29 x 38.1 x 54.61|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||43|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||19.5|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||7.25 x 8.5 x 16.25|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm)||18.42 x 21.59 x 41.28|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||39.0|
|Unit Weight (kg)||17.7|
|Material of Construction||Polycarbonate|
|Form Factors Supported||Mounting slots enable permanent placement of inverter on any horizontal surface (see manual for additional mounting information)|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% non-condensing|
|Appearance||Attractive all-black color scheme|
|Load Sensing||Optional load sense function enables automatic inverter shutoff and startup as connected equipment is powered off and on. Front panel load sense potentiometer can be set to shutoff or turn on inverter power in response to loads of any level|
|Remote Control Capability||Yes|
|Certifications||Meets UL458 (USA, Canada), RoHS Compliant|
|Product Warranty Period (Worldwide)||1-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
[FAQ-777] What is the difference between the HF series and FC series inverters?
Because they are able to support an overpower situation for an hour, FC series inverters are better suited for industrial or heavy-duty devices. HF series inverters are not capable of supporting overpower situations for more than 500 milliseconds.[Last Updated: Mar 23, 2009]
- Was this answer helpful?
[FAQ-778] What is the main difference between the PV and APS series inverters?
APS series inverters include a built-in battery charger.[Last Updated: Mar 23, 2009]
- Was this answer helpful?
Power Inverters: Accessories
Extended Warranties & Start-Up/On-Site Services: Extended Warranties
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.