The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
PowerVerter APS X 1250W 12VDC 230V Inverter/Charger with Auto-Transfer Switching, 2-C13 Outlets
Model Number: APSX1250
- 12V DC or 230V AC input; 230V, 50 Hz output; 2 AC outlets
- 1250 watts continuous, 1875 watts OverPower and 2500 watts DoubleBoost inverter output (see specifications)
- 3 stage, selectable 7.5 / 30 amp wet/dry cell battery charger with 1/2 cycle transfer time
- Auto Transfer Switching option for battery backup / UPS operation
- Reliability enhanced large-transformer design with protected DC terminals
Tripp Lite's APSX1250 DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line-to-battery transfer and integrated charging system serves as an extended run UPS, a standalone power source or an automotive inverter. Supplies up to 1250 watts of continuous 230V AC power to 2 AC outlets from any 12V battery or automotive DC source. OverPower inverter output feature temporarily provides up to 150% of the continuous output for up to 1-60 minutes and DoubleBoost inverter output feature delivers up to 200% of the continuous output for up to 10 seconds, providing the extra power needed to cold start heavy-duty tools and motorized equipment. When AC cable is connected to a live wall socket, commercial power passes through to connected equipment and the battery set is recharged via 3 stage, selectable 7.5/30 amp charging system. In UPS mode, the APS system responds to blackouts and voltage fluctuations with a near instantaneous automatic transfer to battery-derived AC output. Includes a set of high current DC input terminals for simple installation (user supplies batteries and cabling - see owner's manual for recommendations). Passes sine wave utility or generator power during battery charging and UPS line power operation, plus efficient PWM sine wave AC output in inverter and UPS backup modes. Reliable large transformer design, with frequency control powers resistive electronic loads or large inductive motors, compressors and other items with high current needs on startup. Optional APSRM4 wired remote power switch with full status LEDs provides remote power inverter on/off switching and continuous status information (APSRM4 sold separate). Supports an unlimited amount of runtime with any number of user-supplied batteries connected. Highly adaptable to a variety of applications and site conditions with adjustable charger settings for wet/gel battery types and selectable line to battery power transfer voltages.
- Supports 230V AC output from a 230V AC line power source or 12V DC battery source
- 10 millisecond automatic transfer between line and battery power supports UPS protection during blackouts and voltage fluctuations for equipment compatible with a 1/2 cycle transfer time
- Double Boost inverter output supports momentary startup loads up to 200% of the continuous rating for up to 10 seconds (see specification chart)
- OverPower inverter output supports longer duration overloads to 150% for 1-60 minutes under ideal battery and temperature conditions
- 3 stage, selectable 7.5/30 amp battery charger with adjustable settings for wet/gel battery types offers fast, reliable battery recharging
- Dual C13 output receptacles pass 120V line power or inverter output through to connected equipment
- 3 position operating mode switch supports "AUTO" mode to enable automatic transfer between DC and AC modes, CHARGE-ONLY to maintain a full battery charge
- Set of six front panel LEDs display AC/DC operational modes, overload status, DC voltage level, shutdown status and system fault status
- Set of 4 configuration dipswitches support wet/gel battery charging profiles, charger enable/inhibit, and selectable 144/163/182/201V AC low voltage auto transfer during brownouts
- Set of 4 additional configuration dipswitches support 4 levels of charger limiting relative to output load size, a battery equalization program and battery charger low/high settings
- Resettable 5A charger AC input breaker and resettable 6A AC output breaker and automatic 2 speed cooling fan protect the inverter from load and temperature related failures
- Automatic overload and thermal shutoff safely turns off inverter as excessive loads or overheating conditions develop
- Front panel remote control connector enables remote off/on switching (requires APSRM4 switch accessory)
- Versatile inverter/charger system with auto-transfer switching serves as an automotive inverter for RVs, over-the-road trucking, conversion vans, marine environments and fleet service vehicles; a standalone alternative power source for off-grid, alternative energy or export applications and as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for items compatible with a 10 millisecond transfer time. NOTE: For sump pump applications, Tripp Lite recommends its "UT" Utility Truck Inverter/Chargers.
- APSX1250 Inverter/Charger
- Instruction manual with warranty information
|Style||Heavy-duty with built-in battery charger|
|Frequency Compatibility||50 Hz|
|Output Receptacles||(2) Universal outlets|
|Continuous Output Capacity (Watts)||1250|
|Peak Output Capacity (Watts)||2500|
|Output Nominal Voltage||230V|
|Output Voltage Regulation||LINE POWER (AC): Maintains 230V nominal sine wave output from line power source. INVERTER POWER (AC): Maintains PWM sine wave output voltage of 230 VAC (+/-5%).|
|Output Frequency Regulation||50 Hz (+/- 0.3 Hz)|
|Overload Protection||Includes 5A input breaker dedicated to the charging system and 6A output breaker for AC output loads|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||230V AC|
|Recommended Electrical Service||DC INPUT: Requires 12VDC input source capable of delivering 125A for the required duration (when used at full continuous capacity - DC requirements increase during OverPower and DoubleBoost operation). For automotive applications, professional hardwire installation with 225A minimum battery system fusing is recommended. AC INPUT: 230VAC|
|Maximum Input Amps / Watts||DC INPUT: Full continuous load - 125A at 12VDC. AC INPUT: 9.3A at 230VAC with full inverter and charger load (3.3A max charger-only / combined input load to support charger and AC output is automatically controllable to 66%-33%-0% based on AC output loading using the charger limiting set points - see manual for setting instructions)|
|Input Connection Type||DC INPUT: Set of 2 DC bolt-down terminals. AC INPUT: IEC-320 C14 inlet connection|
|Voltage Compatibility (VAC)||230|
|Voltage Compatibility (VDC)||12|
|Expandable Battery Runtime||Runtime is expandable with any number of user supplied wet or gel type batteries|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||12|
|Battery Pack Accessory (Optional)||98-121 sealed lead acid battery (optional)|
|Battery Charge||Selectable 7.5 / 30 amp with 1/2 cycle transfer time|
USER INTERFACE, ALERTS & CONTROLS
|Front Panel LEDs||Set of 6 LEDs offer continuous status information on load percentage (6 levels reported) and battery charge level (7 levels reported). See manual for sequences.|
|Switches||3 position on/off/remote switch enables simple on/off power control plus "auto/remote" setting that enables distant on/off control of the inverter system when used in conjunction with optional APSRM4 accessory when used in inverter mode. In AC uninterruptible power mode, auto/remote setting enables automatic transfer from line power to battery power - to maintain continuous AC power to connected loads.|
SURGE / NOISE SUPPRESSION
|AC Suppression Joule Rating||840|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||12.5 x 11 x 10.75|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||31.75 x 27.94 x 27.31|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||26|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||11.8|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||7 x 8.75 x 9|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm)||17.78 x 22.23 x 22.86|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||24|
|Unit Weight (kg)||10.9|
|Cooling Method||Multi-speed fan|
|Material of Construction||Polycarbonate|
|Form Factors Supported||Mounting slots enable permanent placement of APSX1250 on any horizontal surface (see manual for additional mounting information)|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% non-condensing|
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
|Transfer Time (Line Power to Battery Mode)||10 milliseconds (typical - compatible with many computers, servers and networking equipment - verify transfer time compatibility of loads for UPS applications)|
|Low Voltage Transfer to Battery Power||In AC "auto" mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage drops to 144V (user adjustable to 163, 182, 201V - see manual)|
|High Voltage Transfer to Battery Power||In AC "auto" mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage increases to 272|
|Remote Control Capability||Yes|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||1-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
(1 of 1 customers found this review helpful)
RELIABLE CLEAN BACK UP SOLUTION
Comments about Tripp Lite PowerVerter® APS X Series 1250W Inverter/Charger with Auto-Transfer Switching and 2 C13 Outlets:
We run an office in Kenya, with around 12 computers and other standard office equipment. Owing to constant power outages in our area of operation, we have tried using generators but they let us down due to noise, smoke and space requirements, not to mention constant fuel refilling and costly maintenance!
A friend introduced us to the APSX1250 + Batteries as a better solution and alas! We are now enjoying full days of clean, quiet and uninterrupted power.
(5 of 5 customers found this review helpful)
Quality-of-life saver in Congo
Comments about Tripp Lite PowerVerter® APS X Series 1250W Inverter/Charger with Auto-Transfer Switching and 2 C13 Outlets:
After a year living in Brazzaville, the Republic of Congo, working with an NGO, me and my family were sick of dealing with the constant power outages. Power can go out at any time for any length of time.
While we were back in the US, I researched charger/inverter options and found the Tripp-Lite APSX1250 PowerVerter. We bought one and brought it back to Congo. With 3 1000Ah batteries attached (which we bought in Congo), we were up and running with constant power. It let us run our fans, our laptops, compact fluorescent lights, battery chargers, our LCD TV & Wii, and even occasionally small kitchen appliances when the power was out.
We do have a generator where we live, even though we can't run it all the time. But we charge up our batteries with the APSX1250 when the city power or the generator is on, and the APSX1250 keeps us electrified the rest of the time.
Thanks to Tripp-Lite's APSX1250 PowerVerter, we have a much better experience now when the city power goes out.
(Our organization also uses a Tripp-Lite APSX1250 to maintain constant power for laptops, projectors, and a wireless network in one of its offices in Brazzaville.)
Power Inverters: Accessories
Extended Warranties & Start-Up/On-Site Services: Extended Warranties
This product has a 1-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
- Runtime Chart for Model APSX1250 Inverter/Charger[pdf - 55 Kb]
- Owner's Manual for DC-to-AC Inverter/Chargers 932803 (Multi-language)[pdf - 3 Mb]
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.