The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
PowerVerter® APS 1250W Inverter/Charger with Auto-Transfer Switching and 2 Outlets
Model Number: APS1250
- 12V DC or 120V AC input; 120V AC output; 2 outlets
- 1250 watts continuous, 1875 watts OverPower™ and 2500 watts DoubleBoost™ inverter output
- 2 NEMA 5-15R receptacles
- 3 stage, 30 amp wet/dry cell battery charger
- Auto Transfer Switching option for battery backup / UPS operation
- Reliability enhanced large-transformer design with protected DC wiring terminals
Tripp Lite's APS1250 DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line-to-battery transfer and integrated charging system serves as an extended run UPS, a standalone power source or an automotive inverter. Supplies up to 1250 watts of continuous 120V AC power to 2 AC outlets from any 12V battery or automotive DC source. OverPower inverter output feature temporarily provides up to 150% of the continuous output for 1-60 minutes and DoubleBoost inverter output feature delivers up to 200% of the continuous output for up to 10 seconds, providing the extra power needed to cold start heavy-duty tools and motorized equipment. When AC cable is connected to a live wall socket, commercial power passes through to connected equipment and the battery set is recharged via 3 stage, 30 amp charging system. In UPS mode, the APS system responds to blackouts and voltage fluctuations with a near instantaneous automatic transfer to battery-derived AC output. Includes a set of high current DC input terminals for simple installation (user supplies batteries and cabling - see owner's manual for recommendations). Passes sine wave utility or generator power during battery charging and UPS line power operation, plus efficient PWM sine wave AC output in inverter and UPS backup modes. Reliable large transformer design, with frequency control powers resistive electronic loads or large inductive motors, compressors and other items with high current needs on startup. Optional APSRM4 wired remote power switch with full status LEDs provides remote power inverter on/off switching and continuous status information (APSRM4 sold separate). Supports an unlimited amount of runtime with any number of user-supplied batteries connected. Highly adaptable to a variety of applications and site conditions with adjustable charger settings for wet/gel battery types and selectable line to battery power transfer voltages.
NOTE: To protect against high current draw that may occur during inverter failure, a fuse link rated at 200a should be positioned no more than 18" from the APS1250's battery in the positive line.
- APS1250 serves as an automotive or stationary DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line-to-battery transfer and integrated battery charger
- Supports 120V AC output from a 120V AC line power source or 12V DC battery source
- 16.6 millisecond automatic transfer between line and battery power supports UPS protection during blackouts and voltage fluctuations for equipment compatible with a one cycle transfer time
- 1250 watts continuous AC output in inverter mode, 1440 watts continuous AC output in AC mode
- Double Boost™ inverter output supports momentary startup loads up to 200% of the continuous rating for up to 10 seconds
- OverPower™ inverter output supports longer duration overloads to 150% for 1-60 minutes under ideal battery and temperature conditions (For best results, utilize OverPower usage for as short of a duration as possible, ensure battery bank and cabling is able to provide full nominal DC voltage under load and allow inverter/charger to fully cool before and after OverPower usage).
- 3 stage, 30 amp battery charger with adjustable settings for wet/gel battery types offers fast, reliable battery recharging
- Protected hardwire bolt-down input lugs safely accept heavy gauge input wiring from attached battery bank
- Two built-in NEMA 5-15R output receptacles pass 120V line power or inverter output through to connected equipment
- Reliability enhanced large-transformer design with secure mounting flanges and protected DC wiring terminals
- Moisture-resistant construction enables vehicular or marine operation in high humidity environments
- 3 position operating mode switch supports "AUTO" mode to enable automatic transfer between DC and AC modes, CHARGE-ONLY to maintain a full battery charge when AC is present without auto transfer and SYSTEM OFF settings.
- Set of six front panel LEDs display AC/DC operational modes, overload status, DC voltage level, shutdown status and system fault status
- Set of 4 configuration dipswitches support wet/gel battery charging profiles, adjustable 135/145V high voltage auto transfer during overvoltages and selectable 75/85/95/105V AC low voltage auto transfer during brownouts
- Resettable 8A charger AC input breaker and resettable 12A AC output breaker and automatic 2 speed cooling fan protect the inverter from load and temperature related failures
- Grounding lug properly connects the inverter/charger system to earth ground or vehicle grounding system
- Automatic overload and thermal shutoff safely turns off inverter as excessive loads or overheating conditions develop
- Front panel remote control connector enables remote off/on switching (requires APSRM4 switch accessory). Optional APSRM4 accessory also includes user configurable jacks to support inverter shutoff or startup as a vehicle ignition is engaged.
- Versatile inverter/charger system with auto-transfer switching serves as an automotive inverter for RVs, over-the-road trucking, conversion vans and fleet service vehicles; a standalone alternative power source for off-grid, alternative energy or export applications and as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for items compatible with a 16.6 millisecond transfer time. NOTE: For sump pump applications, Tripp Lite recommends its "UT" Utility Truck Inverter/Chargers.
- APS1250 Inverter/Charger
- Instruction manual with warranty information
|Intended Application||Emergency Home Power|
|Style||Heavy-duty with built-in battery charger|
|Frequency Compatibility||60 Hz|
|Continuous Output Capacity (Watts)||1250|
|Peak Output Capacity (Watts)||2500|
|Output Nominal Voltage||120V|
|Output Voltage Regulation||LINE POWER (AC): Maintains 120V nominal sine wave output from line power source. INVERTER POWER (AC): Maintains PWM sine wave output voltage of 120 V AC (+/-5%).|
|Output Frequency Regulation||60 Hz (+/- 0.3 Hz)|
|Overload Protection||Includes 8A input breaker dedicated to the charging system and 12A output breaker for AC output loads|
|Outlet Quantity / Type||2 NEMA 5-15R|
|Number of Outlets||2|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||120V AC|
|Recommended Electrical Service||DC INPUT: Requires 12VDC input source capable of delivering 125A for the required duration (when used at full continuous capacity - DC requirements increase during OverPower and DoubleBoost operation). For automotive applications, professional hardwire installation with 225A minimum battery system fusing is recommended. AC INPUT: 120VAC|
|Maximum Input Amps / Watts||DC INPUT: Full continuous load - 127A at 12V DC. AC INPUT: 12 amps at 120VAC with full inverter and charger load (6.3A max charger-only)|
|Input Connection Type||DC INPUT: Set of 2 DC bolt-down terminals. AC INPUT: NEMA 5-15P input plug|
|Voltage Compatibility (VAC)||120|
|Voltage Compatibility (VDC)||12|
|Expandable Battery Runtime||Runtime is expandable with any number of user supplied wet, gel or SLA batteries|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||12|
|Battery Pack Accessory (Optional)||98-121 sealed lead acid battery (optional)|
|Battery Charge||30A max, 3 step, float for long term maintenance|
|Unit Carton UPC#||037332090126|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Switches||3 position on/off/remote switch enables simple on/off power control plus "auto/remote" setting that enables distant on/off control of the inverter system when used in conjunction with optional APSRM4 accessory when used in inverter mode. In AC uninterruptible power mode, auto/remote setting enables automatic transfer from line power to battery power - to maintain continuous AC power to connected loads.|
|Front Panel LEDs||Set of 6 LEDs offer continuous status information on load percentage (6 levels reported) and battery charge level (7 levels reported). See manual for sequences.|
SURGE / NOISE SUPPRESSION
|AC Suppression Joule Rating||450|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||12.5 x 11 x 10.75|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||31.75 x 27.94 x 27.31|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||24.8|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||11.3|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||7 x 8.75 x 9|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm)||17.78 x 22.23 x 22.86|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||23.2|
|Unit Weight (kg)||10.5|
|Cooling Method||Multi-speed fan|
|Material of Construction||Polycarbonate|
|Form Factors Supported||Mounting slots enable permanent placement of inverter on any horizontal surface (see manual for additional mounting information)|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% non-condensing|
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
|Transfer Time (Line Power to Battery Mode)||16.6 milliseconds (typical - compatible with many computers, servers and networking equipment - verify transfer time compatibility of loads for UPS applications)|
|Low Voltage Transfer to Battery Power||In AC "auto" mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage drops to 75V (user adjustable to 85, 95, 105V - see manual)|
|High Voltage Transfer to Battery Power||In AC "auto" mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage increases to 135V (user adjustable to 145 - see manual)|
|Remote Control Capability||Yes|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||1-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
There have been no wiring or load changes. The system is being used to keep my heating system and sump pumps powered up through unexpected outages until I can get the generator running.
What could be causing this behavior?
I cannot find it anywhere in the PDF manual or posted anywhere on the website.
Is it in the 90% or even 95% range or closer to 80%?
Just trying to calc some loads and need this number so i know what it can handle.
[FAQ-778] What is the main difference between the PV and APS series inverters?
APS series inverters include a built-in battery charger.[Last Updated: Mar 23, 2009]
Was this answer helpful?
Please let us know how we can fix this.
[FAQ-1176] Where is the APS1250 made?
The APS1250 is made in China. [Last Updated: Nov 1, 2013]
Was this answer helpful?
Please let us know how we can fix this.
Power Inverters: Accessories
Extended Warranties & Start-Up/On-Site Services: Extended Warranties
This product has a 1-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.