The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
PowerVerter® APS INT Series 3600W Inverter/Charger with Auto-Transfer Switching and Line Interactive Voltage Regulation
Model Number: APSINT3636VR
- 36V DC or 230V AC input; 230V, 50 Hz output (hardwired)
- 3600 watts continuous, 5400 watts OverPower and 7200 watts DoubleBoost inverter output (see specifications)
- 3 stage, 30 amp selectable wet/dry cell battery charger
- Auto Transfer Switching option for battery backup / UPS operation - includes wired APSRM4 remote control switch
- Automatic Voltage Regulation corrects brownouts and overvoltages without using battery power
Tripp Lite's APSINT3636VR DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line-to-battery transfer and integrated charging system serves as an extended run UPS, a standalone power source or an automotive inverter. Supplies up to 3600 watts of continuous 230V AC power from any 36V battery or automotive DC source. When hardwire AC input is energized, commercial power passes through to connected equipment and the battery set is recharged via 3 stage, 30 amp charging system. In UPS mode, the APS system responds to blackouts and severe voltage fluctuations with a near instantaneous automatic transfer to battery-derived AC output. Includes a set of high current DC input terminals for simple installation (user supplies batteries and cabling - see owner's manual for recommendations). Passes sine wave utility or generator power during battery charging and UPS line power operation, plus efficient PWM sine wave AC output in inverter and UPS backup modes. Built-in Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) corrects line power AC brownouts and overvoltages without using battery power during battery charging and UPS standby modes. Reliable large transformer design, with frequency control powers resistive electronic loads or large inductive motors, compressors and other items with high current needs on startup. Included APSRM4 wired remote power switch with full status LEDs provides remote power inverter on/off switching and continuous status information (APSRM4 included). Supports an unlimited amount of runtime with any number of user-supplied batteries connected. Highly adaptable to a variety of applications and site conditions with adjustable charger settings for wet/gel battery types and selectable line to battery power transfer voltages.
- Supports 230V AC output from a 230V AC line power source or 12V DC battery source
- 20 millisecond automatic transfer between line and battery power supports UPS protection during blackouts and voltage fluctuations for equipment compatible with a one cycle transfer time
- Double Boost inverter output supports momentary startup loads up to 200% of the continuous rating for up to 10 seconds (see specification chart)
- OverPower inverter output supports longer duration overloads to 150% for 1-60 minutes under ideal battery and temperature conditions.
- 3 stage, 30 amp battery charger with adjustable settings for wet/gel battery types offers fast, reliable battery recharging
- 3 position operating mode switch supports "AUTO" mode to enable automatic transfer between DC and AC modes, CHARGE-ONLY to maintain a full battery charge when AC is present without auto transfer and SYSTEM OFF settings
- Set of six front panel LEDs display AC/DC operational modes, overload status, DC voltage level, shutdown status and system fault status
- Set of 4 configuration dipswitches support wet/gel battery charging profiles, adjustable 259/264V high voltage auto transfer during overvoltages and selectable 144/163/182/201V AC low voltage auto transfer during brownouts
- Set of 4 additional configuration dip switches support 4 levels of charger limiting relative to output load size
- Resettable 10A charger AC input breaker and resettable 15A AC output breaker and automatic 2 speed cooling fan protect the inverter from load and temperature related failures
- Automatic overload and thermal shutoff safely turns off inverter as excessive loads or overheating conditions develop
- Front panel remote control connector enables remote off/on switching (requires APSRM4 switch accessory)
- Versatile inverter/charger system with auto-transfer switching serves as an automotive inverter for RVs, over-the-road trucking, conversion vans and fleet service vehicles; a standalone alternative power source for off-grid, alternative energy or export applications and as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for items compatible with a 20 millisecond transfer time. NOTE: For sump pump applications, Tripp Lite recommends its "UT" Utility Truck Inverter/Chargers.
- APSINT3636VR Inverter/Charger
- Instruction manual with warranty information
- Wired Remote Switch with full LED status indicators (model APSRM4)
|Intended Application||Emergency Home Power|
|Style||Heavy-duty with built-in battery charger|
|Frequency Compatibility||50 Hz|
|Continuous Output Capacity (Watts)||3600|
|Peak Output Capacity (Watts)||7200|
|Output Nominal Voltage||230V|
|Output Voltage Regulation||LINE POWER (AC): Maintains 230V nominal sine wave output from line power source. INVERTER POWER (AC): Maintains PWM sine wave output voltage of 230 VAC (+/-5%).|
|Output Frequency Regulation||50 Hz (+/- 0.3 Hz)|
|Overload Protection||Includes 12A input breaker dedicated to the charging system and 20A output breaker for AC output loads.|
|Outlet Quantity / Type||Hardwire|
|Number of Outlets||0|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||230V AC|
|Recommended Electrical Service||DC INPUT: Requires 36VDC input source capable of delivering 114A for the required duration (when used at full continuous capacity - DC requirements increase during OverPower and DoubleBoost operation). For automotive applications, professional hardwire installation with 300A minimum battery system fusing is recommended.|
|Maximum Input Amps / Watts||DC INPUT: Full continuous load - 114A at 36VDC. AC INPUT: 26 amps at 230VAC with full inverter and charger load (10.4A max charger-only / combined input load to support charger and AC output is automatically controllable to 66%-33%-0% based on AC output loading using the charger limiting set points - see manual for setting instructions)|
|Input Connection Type||DC INPUT: Set of DC bolt-down terminals. AC INPUT: Hardwire via built in junction box with cover plate|
|Voltage Compatibility (VAC)||230|
|Voltage Compatibility (VDC)||36|
|Expandable Battery Runtime||Runtime is expandable with any number of user supplied wet or gel type batteries|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||36|
|Battery Pack Accessory (Optional)||98-121 sealed lead acid battery (optional)|
|Battery Charge||30 amp|
|Voltage Regulation Description||Includes automatic voltage regulation to correct brownouts and over-voltages back to usable levels|
|Overvoltage Correction||Over-voltages are automatically reduced by 10%|
|Brownout Correction||Brownouts are automatically boosted by 10%|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Switches||3 position on/off/remote switch enables simple on/off power control plus "auto/remote" setting that enables distant on/off control of the inverter system when used in conjunction with optional APSRM4 accessory when used in inverter mode. In AC uninterruptible power mode, "auto/remote" setting enables automatic transfer from line power to battery power - to maintain continuous AC power to connected loads.|
|Front Panel LEDs||Set of 6 LEDs offer continuous status information on load percentage (6 levels reported) and battery charge level (7 levels reported). See manual for sequences.|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||13.25 x 15 x 21.13|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||33.66 x 38.1 x 53.67|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||63|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||28.6|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||7 x 8.5 x 14|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm)||17.78 x 21.59 x 35.56|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||58|
|Unit Weight (kg)||26.3|
|Cooling Method||Multi-speed fan|
|Material of Construction||Polycarbonate|
|Form Factors Supported||Mounting slots enable permanent placement of inverter on any horizontal surface (see manual for additional mounting information)|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% non-condensing|
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
|Transfer Time (Line Power to Battery Mode)||20 milliseconds (typical - compatible with many computers, servers and networking equipment - verify transfer time compatibility of loads for UPS applications)|
|Low Voltage Transfer to Battery Power||In AC "auto" mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage drops to 144V (user adjustable to 163, 182V - see manual)|
|High Voltage Transfer to Battery Power||In AC "auto" mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage increases to 259V (user adjustable to 264 - see manual)|
|Load Sensing||Optional load sense function enables automatic inverter shutoff and startup as connected equipment is powered off and on. Front panel load sense potentiometer can be set to shutoff or turn on inverter power in response to loads of any level, up to 150 watts.|
|Remote Control Capability||Yes|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||1-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
with server HP ML350 G6 , my server go to standby after the main line power shutdown , i need your help pleas .
[FAQ-1147] What is the operating temperature range for this APS3636INTVR?
The operating temperature range for the APSINT3636VR is 0 degrees celsius (32 degrees fahrenheit) to 40 degrees celsius (104 degrees fahrenheit).[Last Updated: Nov 1, 2013]
Was this answer helpful?
Please let us know how we can fix this.
Power Inverters: Accessories
Extended Warranties & Start-Up/On-Site Services: Extended Warranties
This product has a 1-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
- Runtime Chart for Model APSINT3636VR Inverter/Charger[pdf - 55 Kb]
- Owner's Manual for APSX APSINT Inverters 932752 (Multi-language)[pdf - 3 Mb]
- Owner's Manual for Remote Control Module Mounting Plate 932236 (English)[pdf - 238 Kb]
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.