Runtime chart for SU80KX/40C
Runtime tests are performed with new, fully charged batteries under typical office or data center environmental conditions.
The runtimes presented here are estimates based on actual data points.
Contact a 3-Phase Product Specialist
We tailor our advice to your needs, including your level of knowledge and experience. If you're already an expert, we won't waste your time. We'll deliver the essential facts so you can move forward with your project. If you're new to 3-phase, we'll give you all the help you need, every step of the way.
If you aren't completely sure what you need to order and how to prepare your site, you might waste money on unnecessary equipment, neglect to plan for future needs or, worst of all, leave critical systems exposed to damage and downtime. We help you make sure that doesn't happen.
If your project qualifies, we can even visit your site to make sure your 3-phase installation is a complete success.†
Site visit eligibility determined by Tripp Lite. May require additional fees.
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST).
The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
SmartOnline 80kVA Modular 3-Phase UPS System, On-line Double-Conversion International UPS w/ Battery
Model Number: SU80KX/40C
- 80,000 VA (80kVA) 3-phase tower UPS w/external battery pack
- N+1 redundant modular architecture helps assure 100% availability
- 1+1 parallel capability allows for system redundancy or increased capacity
- Low THDi reduces installation costs by permitting 1:1 generator sizing
- 3-phase hardwire (220/380V, 230/400V or 240/415V AC, 3-phase, 4-wire + ground, wye) input/output
- IGBT technology and zero transfer time, on-line, double-conversion operation
- Runtime is expandable via additional external battery cabinet options
Tripp Lite's SU80KX (80kVA) SmartOnline Modular 3-Phase Intelligent, True On-Line UPS System provides 100% system availability with N+1 modular architecture and 1+1 parallel capability. In N+1 configuration, the SU80KX provides four self-contained, redundant 20kVA power modules that can be hot-swapped (load remaining powered) if maintenance is required. In 1+1 configuration , two SU80KX models connected in parallel can provide fail-safe redundancy (two 80kVA models supporting a 80kVA load) or increased capacity (two 80kVA models supporting a 160kVA load).
The SU80KX provides mission-critical equipment with the highest level of power protection available. Large capacity 80,000VA/64,000W UPS continually converts incoming AC power into filtered DC power, and then resynthesizes it back into AC power with a pure sine wave. Perfectly regulated, continuous sine wave output with zero transfer time assures compatibility with all equipment types. High input power factor, advanced IGBT inverter technology and Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology produce less than 3% input total harmonic distortion (THDi). With low THDi, generators run cooler and last longer, allowing managers to save installation costs by installing a generator with a capacity equal to the equipment load (1:1 ratio). Extremely efficient operation (up to 97%) saves money by lowering electricity consumption. Hardwire input and output connections support a variety of permanent or PDU-style power connections. The SU80KX features 220/380V, 230/400V or 240/415V AC, 3-phase, 4-wire + ground, wye input and output. It also features a wide input voltage correction range: 173-300V/276-477V AC. Frequency is 50 or 60 Hz (auto-selectable). SU80KX power modules are housed in a single small-footprint tower compartment. Included battery module (Models BP480V40C) are housed in a separate stand-alone hardwired external battery compartment (required for UPS operation/backup battery support; order separately). Battery runtime can be extended with additional stand-alone hardwired external battery modules. A manual bypass breaker and an automatic bypass function ensure 100% availability of connected equipment by safely passing through AC power if the UPS requires maintenance. A built-in RS-232 communication port works with included PowerAlert Software to provide shutdown commands and reporting on a single server. An accessory slot accepts an optional internal SNMP card (Model SNMPWEBCARD) for remote shutdowns, reboots and more. Front panel combination LCD/LED display alerts users to a variety of UPS operational modes and conditions. The LCD display includes a real-time event log screen with up to 500 events listed. A dynamic battery management screen optimizes battery function to lengthen service life and allow cold restart of the UPS during a prolonged blackout to utilize its batteries for periodic system access or data retrieval. An Emergency Power Off button turns the UPS output OFF and disables Bypass output. A built-in Emergency Power Off (EPO) dry-contact interface supports remote emergency shutdown in large facilities.
- N+1 configuration: If maintenance is required, four self-contained, redundant 20kVA power modules can be hot-swapped with the load remaining powered
- 1+1 configuration: Two SU80KX can be connected in parallel to provide either fail-safe redundancy or increased capacity
- High input power factor, advanced IGBT inverter technology and Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology produce low input total harmonic distortion (THDi)
- Low THDi (less than 3%) reduces installation costs by allowing 1:1 generator sizing
- Extremely efficient operation (up to 97%) saves money by reducing electricity consumption
- True on-line, double-conversion UPS with IGBT technology provides pure sine wave AC output at all times
- Maintains continuous operation with zero transfer time through blackouts, voltage fluctuations and surges
- Removes harmonic distortion, electrical impulses, frequency variations and other hard-to-solve power problems
- 80,000VA/64,000W power capacity with 3-phase, hardwire input/output connections
- Wide input voltage correction range: 173-300V/276-477V AC
- Precision +/-1% output voltage regulation
- Included battery module (Model BP480V40C) are housed in a separate, stand-alone hardwired external battery compartment (required for UPS operation/backup battery support; order separately)
- Battery runtime can be extended with additional stand-alone hardwired external battery modules (Models BP480V26B and BP480V40C; order separately)
- Front panel combination LCD/LED display includes a real-time event log screen with up to 500 events listed
- Dynamic battery management screen optimizes battery function to lengthen service life and allow cold restart of the UPS
- Built-in RS-232 communication port works with included PowerAlert Software to provide shutdown commands and reporting on a single server
- Accessory slot accepts an optional internal SNMP card (Model SNMPWEBCARD) for remote shutdowns, reboots and more
- Emergency Power Off button turns UPS output OFF and disables Bypass output
- Built-in Emergency Power Off (EPO) dry-contact interface supports remote emergency shutdown in large facilities
- Ideal for protecting mission-critical equipment in computing, networking or telecommunications environments.
- SU80KX UPS System
- BP480V40C external battery pack
- PowerAlert Software
- Instruction manual
- Warranty information
|Output Volt Amp Capacity (VA)||80000|
|Output kVA Capacity (kVA)||80|
|Output Watt Capacity (Watts)||64000|
|Nominal Output Voltage(s) Supported||220/380V; 230/400V; 240/415V; 3-Phase Wye|
|Frequency Compatibility||50 / 60 Hz|
|Output Nominal Voltage||220/380V, 230/400V or 240/415V AC, 3-phase, 4-wire + ground, wye|
|Output Voltage Regulation||Maintains pure sine wave output at all times, regulated within 1% of nominal output voltage, with less than 3% total harmonic distortion (using IGBT Inverter)|
|Output Frequency Regulation||Regulates line frequency at 50 or 60 Hz, +/- .05 Hz|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||220/380V (3ph wye); 230/400V (3ph wye); 240/415V (3ph wye)|
|Recommended Electrical Service||3-Phase Wye, 4 wire (L1, L2, L3, N, G)|
|Maximum Input Amps Details||97A/101A/105A|
|Input Connection Type||Hardwire|
|Expandable Battery Runtime||Supports extended runtime with additional stand-alone external battery modules: Models BP480V26B and BP480V40C|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||+/- 240VDC|
|Full Load Runtime||3.5 minutes (64,000w) with included battery pack|
|Half Load Runtime||9.6 minutes (32,000w) with included battery pack|
|Battery Pack Accessory (Optional)||External battery modules: Models BP480V26B and BP480V40C|
|Typical Battery Lifespan||3-6 years, depending on usage|
|Voltage Regulation Description||On-line, double-conversion process enables UPS to maintain output voltage within +/-1% of nominal voltage at all times|
|Overvoltage Correction||Maintains continuous operation without using battery power during overvoltages to 276-477V AC (3-phase, 4-wire, wye), reducing output within 1% of nominal|
|Brownout Correction||Maintains continuous operation without using battery power during brownout/undervoltage conditions to 173-300V AC (3-phase, 4-wire, wye)|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Audible Alarm||Alarms signal a variety of operational conditions: low battery, overload, shutdown, bypass and more|
|Switches||ON button turns UPS inverter on. OFF button turns UPS inverter off. LCD Display Control Buttons browse through and select items displayed on LCD screen. EPO (Emergency Power Off) button turns UPS output off and disables Bypass output|
|Front Panel LEDs||Selectable LCD Display: Displays Real-Time Event Log with up to 500 events listed. Also displays a wide range of UPS operational and fault/warning conditions including operational mode, alarm/shutdown conditions, input/output voltage/frequency, battery voltage, load percentage and more. 4-LED Display: Displays normal AC input, on battery power, bypass input and fault conditions|
SURGE / NOISE SUPPRESSION
|EMI / RFI AC Noise Suppression||Yes|
|AC Suppression Joule Rating||5950|
|AC Suppression Response Time||Instantaneous|
|Installation Form Factors Supported with Included Accessories||Tower|
|Primary Form Factor||Tower|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||55 x 28.5 x 42.5 (UPS) 76.3 x 28.8 x 45.8 (external battery cabinet)|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||139.7 x 72.39 x 107.95|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||687.8 (UPS) 1960 lbs (external battery cabinet)|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||312.3 (UPS) 882 (external battery cabinet)|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||46 x 20.5 x 33.7 (UPS) 67 x 20.5 x 33.7 (external battery cabinet)|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm)||116.8 x 52.1 x 85.6|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||2141|
|Unit Weight (kg)||965.6|
|Cooling Method||Built-in cooling fans|
|Material of Construction||Steel|
|Form Factors Supported||Tower|
|Storage Temperature Range||+5 to +122 degrees Fahrenheit, -15 to +50 degrees Celsius|
|Relative Humidity||<90%, non-condensing|
|AC Mode BTU / Hr. (Full Load)||14000|
|Operating Temperature||+32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit, 0 to +40 degrees Celsius|
|Network Monitoring Port||Built-in RS-232 communication port|
|EPO Port||EPO (emergency power off) interface|
|SNMP Compatibility||Built-in accessory slot accommodates internal SNMP card (Model SNMPWEBCARD ) and other network accessories|
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
|Transfer Time (Line Power to Battery Mode)||Zero transfer time: True on-line UPS continuously converts incoming AC to DC, then back to AC. When line power is interrupted, UPS maintains continuous output from battery reserves with absolutely no disruption in output AC power|
|Low Voltage Transfer to Battery Power||Maintains continuous operation without using battery power during brownout/undervoltage conditions to 173-300V AC (3-phase, 4-wire, wye). Below this point, output is maintained utilizing reserve battery power|
|High Voltage Transfer to Battery Power||Maintains continuous operation without using battery power during overvoltages to 276-477V AC (3-phase, 4-wire, wye), reducing output within 1% of nominal. Above this point, output is maintained utilizing reserve battery power|
|Cold Start||Inverter can be cold-started via the control panel to enable temporary AC output during a power failure|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||2-year limited warranty|
|Optional Coverage||Extended warranties and on-site service contracts available for select opportunities; contact Tripp Lite for details|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
UPS Systems: UPS Battery Packs & Accessories
This product has a 2-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
- Owner's Manual Addendum for BP480V 932732 (English)[pdf - 24 Kb]
- Owner's Manual for 3-Phase UPS 932688 (Multi-language)[pdf - 19 Mb]
3-Phase UPS Systems & Batteries Visio Stencil
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.