The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
120V, 1000W PowerVerter APS Inverter/Charger with Pure Sine Wave Output
Model Number: APS1012SW
- Heavy-duty, DC-to-AC inverter generates a 120V 60Hz pure sine wave output from a 12V battery bank
- Functions as an extended run UPS, a standalone AC power source or an automotive inverter.
- 12V DC or 120V AC input; 120V, 60 Hz output (hardwired)
- 1000 watts continuous output, 2000 watts peak output. Capable of powering resistive, inductive and motor loads.
- Selectable 4/40 amp, wet/dry cell, high power battery charger
- Unlimited back up time with user supplied batteries
Tripp Lite's APS1012SW 3-function, DC-to-AC inverter with auto line-to-battery transfer and integral charging system serves as an extended run UPS, a standalone power source or an automotive inverter. It's ideal as a reliable power source for tools, appliances, pumps, portable lighting and computer equipment. Designed for easy installation in homes, RVs, commercial and fleet vehicles, emergency vehicles, construction sites and remote worksites. When an AC source is available, the Inverter/Charger keeps the user-supplied batteries charged while simultaneously delivering conditioned, pure sine wave AC power to equipment. In UPS mode, the APS1012SW responds to blackouts and brownouts with an uninterrupted transfer to battery-derived, AC inverter output. Capable of 1000 watts of continuous power or 2000 watts of peak power for brief periods of time. It has an unlimited amount of runtime with any number of user-supplied batteries. (Sold separately.) Reliable large transformer design with efficient sine wave output and frequency control powers resistive electronic loads or large inductive motors, compressors and other loads with high start-up currents.
NOTE: To protect against high current draw that may occur during inverter failure, a fuse link rated at 200a should be positioned no more than 18" from the APS1012SW's battery in the positive line.
- Pure Sine Wave Output: Supplies computer-grade, pure sine wave power to connectedcomponents. When connected to an AC source, the unit conditions the powerbefore passing it to equipment. When using battery power, it converts 12V DC to120V AC for tools, appliances, pumps, portable lighting and computer equipment.
- Power Ratings: 1000 watts continuous power; Supports momentarystartup loads of up to 200% of the continuous rating for up to 10 seconds.
- Overload Protection: Automatically shuts down if an overload is detected at theAC output connection. Additional overload protection is provided by a 15-amp ACinput/output circuit breaker.
- Auto-Transfer Switching: In the event of a power failure or severe voltagefluctuation, the automatic transfer relay switches to battery power in a near-instantaneous16.6 milliseconds.
- Extended Battery Options: Any number of user-supplied batteries may be connected forextended battery backup support.
- Battery Charger Configuration: Configuring dip switches support wet/gel battery chargingprofiles; adjustable high voltage auto transfer during overvoltages; selectableAC low voltage auto transfer during brownouts; four levels of charger limitingrelative to output load size; a battery equalization program and batterycharger low/high settings.
- Rugged Enclosure Design: Encased in a rugged, moisture-resistant, powder-coatedsteel housing, the APS1012SW withstands vibration, impact and high-humidityenvironments.
- Optional Remote Control Capability: RJ45 port for optional Remote Control LED/Switch Module(Tripp Lite model APSRMSW, sold separately) enables users to control andmonitor the inverter/charger from virtually anywhere within a vehicle.
- Optional Battery Sensing ProlongsBattery Life: RJ11 port for an optional BatteryTemperature-Sensing Cable (sold separately) to prolong battery life byadjusting the charge float voltage level based on battery temperature.
- Versatile inverter/charger system with seamless transfer switching serves as an automotive inverter for RVs, over-the road trucking, conversion vans and fleet service vehicles
- Standalone alternative power source for off-grid, alternative energy or export applications
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for items compatible with a 16 millisecond transfer time.
- APS1012SW inverter/charger
- Instruction manual with warranty information
|Intended Application||Emergency Backup Power|
|Frequency Compatibility||50 / 60 Hz|
|Continuous Output Capacity (Watts)||1000|
|Peak Output Capacity (Watts)||2000|
|Output Nominal Voltage||120V|
|Output Voltage Regulation||LINE POWER (AC): Maintains 120V nominal sine wave output. INVERTER POWER (AC): Maintains sine wave output voltage of 120-150VAC (+/-5%). DC CHARGER OUTPUT (See battery recharge rate section)|
|Output Frequency Regulation||60 Hz (+/- 0.3 Hz)|
|Overload Protection||Includes 15A input breaker dedicated to the charging system and 15A output breaker for AC output loads|
|Outlet Quantity / Type||Hardwire|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||120V AC|
|Recommended Electrical Service||DC INPUT: Requires 12VDC input source capable of delivering 120A for the required duration (when used at full continuous capacity). For automotive applications, professional hardwire installation with 225A minimum battery system fusing is recommended.|
|Maximum Input Amps / Watts||DC INPUT: Full continuous load - 120A at 12VDC. AC INPUT: 15 amps at 120VAC with full inverter and charger load.|
|Input Connection Type||DC INPUT: Set of 2 DC bolt-down terminals. AC INPUT: Hardwire|
|Voltage Compatibility (VAC)||120|
|Voltage Compatibility (VDC)||12|
|Expandable Battery Runtime||Runtime is expandable with any number of user supplied wet or gel type batteries|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||12|
|Battery Charge||Includes 4/40 amp DC charging system with selectable profiles for vented wet cell and sealed gel cell batteries.|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Audible Alarm||Audible status indicators|
|Switches||The inverter provides a RJ-45 port for optional APSRMSW remote control. RJ45 port operates with standard RJ485 interface (APSRMSW sold separately)|
|Front Panel LEDs||Set of front panel LED's display inverter status, charger status, as well as battery voltage status|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||7.25 x 8.75 x 18|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm)||18.41 x 22.22 x 45.72|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||35.5|
|Unit Weight (kg)||16.10|
|Material of Construction||Powder coated Steel|
|Form Factors Supported||Mounting slots enable permanent placement of inverter on any horizontal surface (see manual for additional mounting information)|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% non-condensing|
|Remote Control Capability||Yes|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||2-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Unfortunately this unit does not have a UL listing.
Sorry for the confusion.
If looking at the pictures on our website of the APS1012SW the front panel is the panel with the blue label and the back panel is the panel with the ears.
Hope this helps!
Along with this I'm sending over the owners manual:
Page 11 provides detailed specs on the unit.
For additional info please reach out to our presales application team at 773-869-1234 or email@example.com.
Power Inverters: Accessories
Extended Warranties & Start-Up/On-Site Services: Extended Warranties
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.