The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
120V, 1000W PowerVerter APS Inverter/Charger with Pure Sine Wave Output, Hardwired
Model Number: APS1012SW
- Heavy-duty, DC-to-AC inverter generates a 120V pure sine wave output from user-supplied batteries
- Operates as either a battery charger or an inverter when external 120V AC power is supplied
- 1000W continuous power output; 2000W peak power output for momentary startup/cycling surge power demands without shutting down
- 4/40 amp, high-power, fast DC charger with selectable profiles for vented wet cell and sealed gel cell batteries
- To protect against high-current draw that may occur during inverter failure, a fuse link rated at 200A should be positioned no more than 18 in. from the APS1012SW's battery in the positive line.
- Do not install the Inverter/Charger in the same compartment as non-sealed batteries, when applicable.
Tripp Lite's APS1012SW Inverter/Charger is a 3-function, DC-to-AC pure sine wave inverter, featuring an automatic line-to-battery transfer switch and an integral charging system that allows the unit to function as either an extended-run UPS, a standalone AC power source or an automotive/vehicular inverter. The APS1012SW is ideal as a reliable power source for a wide variety of heavy-duty tools, saws, pumps, portable lighting, appliances and computer equipment. The unit can deliver 1000W of continuous power or 2000W of peak power for brief periods of time for handling equipment startup or cycling requirements without shutting down. It has an unlimited amount of runtime with any number of user-supplied batteries (sold separately). Designed for easy installation in RVs, fleet vehicles and emergency vehicles, the unit converts stored battery power to standard household current. When external 120V AC power is supplied, the Inverter/Charger keeps the user-supplied batteries charged while simultaneously delivering conditioned, pure sine wave AC power to connected equipment. In the UPS mode, the APS1012SW responds to blackouts and brownouts with an uninterrupted transfer to battery-derived, pure sine wave AC inverter power. Its reliable large transformer design, efficient sine wave output and frequency control powers resistive electronic loads, large inductive motors, compressors and other loads with high startup currents.
- DC-to-AC inverter generates a 120V pure sine wave output from a 12V battery bank
- Designed to work in heavy-load conditions, so de-rating is unnecessary
- Battery runtime is unlimited with any number of user-supplied, wet- or gel-type batteries
Pure Sine Wave Power for Normal and Peak Power Demands
- 1000W of continuous, pure sine wave power to ensure maximum compatibility with sensitive electronics
- 2000W of peak power for up to 10 seconds to accommodate surge power demands during equipment startup and cycling
Automatic Transfer Switching for High Availability
- When external 120V AC power is supplied, the Inverter/Charger operates as a battery charger with connected equipment powered by the external power source.
- During a blackout, an automatic transfer relay switches the unit to inverter power in a near-instantaneous 16.6 milliseconds
Double Overload Protection
- Automatically detects output overloads and disables the inverter to prevent damage
- Additional overload protection is provided by a resettable, AC circuit breaker
3-Stage Fast Battery Charger
- Recharges batteries faster than conventional chargers
- Protects batteries against over-charge and over-discharge
Battery Protective Features
- Battery temperature-sensing cable (sold separately) prolongs battery life by adjusting the charge float voltage level based on battery temperature
- Low battery protection prevents excessive battery depletion
Remote Control Capability
- Remote control module (Tripp Lite APSRMSW, sold separately) provides remote monitoring/control of the unit
- On/Off switch powers the unit on or off
- Battery level LED indicates battery charge level
- Mode indicator LEDs indicate the status of inverter operation
- Battery charger dip switches configure the battery charging profiles
Rugged Enclosure Design
- Rugged, moisture-resistant, steel housing with integral mounting feet/flanges withstand vibration, impact and high-humidity environments
- Versatile inverter/charger system with seamless transfer switching serves as an automotive inverter for RVs, over-the road trucking, conversion vans and fleet service vehicles
- Standalone alternative power source for off-grid, alternative energy or export applications
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for items compatible with a 16 millisecond transfer time.
- To operate as a UPS, the APS1012SW requires both single-phase 120V AC, 15A and 12V DC, rated at full continuous capacity
- To operate as a standalone AC power source, the APS1012SW requires only a 12V DC input
- A sturdy, horizontal surface is required for secure mounting via the unit's integral mounting slots
- APS1012SW Inverter/Charger
- Instruction manual
- Warranty information
|Frequency Compatibility||50 / 60 Hz|
|Continuous Output Capacity (Watts)||1000|
|Peak Output Capacity (Watts)||2000|
|Output Nominal Voltage||120V|
|Output Voltage Regulation||LINE POWER (AC): Maintains 120V nominal sine wave output. INVERTER POWER (AC): Maintains sine wave output voltage of 120-150VAC (+/-5%). DC CHARGER OUTPUT (See battery recharge rate section)|
|Output Frequency Regulation||60 Hz (+/- 0.3 Hz)|
|Overload Protection||Includes 15A input breaker dedicated to the charging system and 15A output breaker for AC output loads|
|Outlet Quantity / Type||Hardwire|
|Number of Outlets||0|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||120V AC|
|Recommended Electrical Service||DC INPUT: Requires 12VDC input source capable of delivering 120A for the required duration (when used at full continuous capacity). For automotive applications, professional hardwire installation with 225A minimum battery system fusing is recommended.|
|Maximum Input Amps / Watts||DC INPUT: Full continuous load - 120A at 12VDC. AC INPUT: 15 amps at 120VAC with full inverter and charger load.|
|Input Connection Type||DC INPUT: Set of 2 DC bolt-down terminals. AC INPUT: Hardwire|
|Voltage Compatibility (VAC)||120|
|Voltage Compatibility (VDC)||12|
|Expandable Battery Runtime||Runtime is expandable with any number of user supplied wet or gel type batteries|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||12|
|Battery Charge||Includes 4/40 amp DC charging system with selectable profiles for vented wet cell and sealed gel cell batteries.|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Audible Alarm||Audible status indicators|
|Switches||The inverter provides a RJ-45 port for optional APSRMSW remote control. RJ45 port operates with standard RJ485 interface (APSRMSW sold separately)|
|Front Panel LEDs||Set of front panel LED's display inverter status, charger status, as well as battery voltage status|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||7.25 x 8.75 x 18|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm)||18.41 x 22.22 x 45.72|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||35.5|
|Unit Weight (kg)||16.10|
|Material of Construction||Powder coated Steel|
|Form Factors Supported||Mounting slots enable permanent placement of inverter on any horizontal surface (see manual for additional mounting information)|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% non-condensing|
|Remote Control Capability||Yes|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||2-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Unfortunately this unit does not have a UL listing.
Sorry for the confusion.
If looking at the pictures on our website of the APS1012SW the front panel is the panel with the blue label and the back panel is the panel with the ears.
Hope this helps!
Along with this I'm sending over the owners manual:
Page 11 provides detailed specs on the unit.
For additional info please reach out to our presales application team at 773-869-1234 or email@example.com.
Power Inverters: Accessories
Extended Warranties & Start-Up/On-Site Services: Extended Warranties
This product has a 2-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.