The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
PowerVerter® APS INT Series 2000W Inverter/Charger with Auto-Transfer Switching and Hardwire Input/Output
Model Number: APSINT2012
- 12V DC or 230V AC input; 230V, 50 Hz output (hardwired)
- 2000 watts continuous, 3000 watts OverPower and 4000 watts DoubleBoost inverter output (see specifications)
- 3 stage, selectable 15/60 amp wet/dry cell battery charger
- Auto Transfer Switching option for battery backup / UPS operation
- Reliability enhanced large-transformer design with protected DC and AC wiring terminals
Tripp Lite's APSINT2012 DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line-to-battery transfer and integrated charging system serves as an extended run UPS, a standalone power source or an automotive inverter. Supplies up to 2000 watts of continuous 230V AC power from any 12V battery or automotive DC source. When hardwire AC input is energized, commercial power passes through to connected equipment and the battery set is recharged via 3 stage, selectable 15/60 amp charging system. In UPS mode, the APS system responds to blackouts and voltage fluctuations with a near instantaneous automatic transfer to battery-derived AC output. Includes a set of high current DC input terminals for simple installation (user supplies batteries and cabling - see owner's manual for recommendations). Passes sine wave utility or generator power during battery charging and UPS line power operation, plus efficient PWM sine wave AC output in inverter and UPS backup modes. Reliable large transformer design, with frequency control powers resistive electronic loads or large inductive motors, compressors and other items with high current needs on startup. Optional APSRM4 wired remote power switch with full status LEDs provides remote power inverter on/off switching and continuous status information (APSRM4 sold separate). Supports an unlimited amount of runtime with any number of user-supplied batteries connected. Highly adaptable to a variety of applications and site conditions with adjustable charger settings for wet/gel battery types and selectable line to battery power transfer voltages.
- Supports 230V AC output from a 230V AC line power source or 12V DC battery source
- 20 millisecond automatic transfer between line and battery power supports UPS protection during blackouts and voltage fluctuations for equipment compatible with a one cycle transfer time
- Double Boost inverter output supports momentary startup loads up to 200% of the continuous rating for up to 10 seconds (see specification chart)
- OverPower inverter output supports longer duration overloads to 150% for 1-60 minutes under ideal battery and temperature conditions.
- 3 stage, 15/60 amp battery charger with adjustable settings for wet/gel battery types offers fast, reliable battery recharging
- 3 position operating mode switch supports "AUTO" mode to enable automatic transfer between DC and AC modes, CHARGE-ONLY to maintain a full battery charge when AC is present without auto transfer and SYSTEM OFF settings
- Set of six front panel LEDs display AC/DC operational modes, overload status, DC voltage level, shutdown status and system fault status
- Set of 4 configuration dipswitches support wet/gel battery charging profiles, adjustable 259/264V high voltage auto transfer during overvoltages and selectable 144/163/182/201V AC low voltage auto transfer during brownouts
- Set of 4 additional configuration dip switches support 4 levels of charger limiting relative to output load size
- Resettable 10A charger AC input breaker and resettable 15A AC output breaker and automatic 2 speed cooling fan protect the inverter from load and temperature related failures
- Automatic overload and thermal shutoff safely turns off inverter as excessive loads or overheating conditions develop
- Front panel remote control connector enables remote off/on switching (requires APSRM4 switch accessory)
- Ideal for RVs, over-the-road trucking, conversion vans and fleet service vehicles; a standalone alternative power source for off-grid, alternative energy or export applications and as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for items compatible with a 20 millisecond transfer time. Moisture-resistant construction enables vehicular or marine operation in high humidity environments. NOTE: For sump pump applications, Tripp Lite recommends its "UT" Utility Truck Inverter/Chargers.
- APSINT2012 Inverter/Charger
- Instruction manual with warranty information
|Intended Application||Emergency Home Power|
|Frequency compatibility||50 Hz|
|Continuous output capacity (watts)||2000|
|Peak output capacity (watts)||4000|
|Output nominal voltage||230V|
|Output voltage regulation||LINE POWER (AC): Maintains 230V nominal sine wave output from line power source. INVERTER POWER (AC): Maintains PWM sine wave output voltage of 230 VAC (+/-5%).|
|Output frequency regulation||50 Hz (+/- 0.3 Hz)|
|Overload protection||Includes 10A input breaker dedicated to the charging system and 15A output breaker for AC output loads|
|Outlet quantity / type||Hardwire|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||230V AC|
|Recommended Electrical Service||DC INPUT: Requires 12VDC input source capable of delivering 192A for the required duration (when used at full continuous capacity - DC requirements increase during OverPower and DoubleBoost operation). For automotive applications, professional hardwire installation with 400A minimum battery system fusing is recommended.|
|Maximum input amps / watts||DC INPUT: Full continuous load - 192A at 12VDC. AC INPUT: 17 amps at 230VAC with full inverter and charger load (8.7A max charger-only / combined input load to support charger and AC output is automatically controllable to 66%-33%-0% based on AC output loading using the charger limiting set points - see manual for setting instructions)|
|Input connection type||DC INPUT: Set of 2 DC bolt-down terminals. AC INPUT: Hardwire via built in junction box with cover plate|
|Voltage compatibility (VAC)||230|
|Voltage compatibility (VDC)||12|
|Expandable battery runtime||Runtime is expandable with any number of user supplied wet or gel type batteries|
|DC system voltage (VDC)||12|
|Battery Pack Accessory (optional)||98-121 sealed lead acid battery (optional)|
|Battery charge||Selectable 15 / 60 amp|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Switches||3 position on/off/remote switch enables simple on/off power control plus "auto/remote" setting that enables distant on/off control of the inverter system when used in conjunction with optional APSRM4 accessory when used in inverter mode. In AC uninterruptible power mode, "auto/remote" setting enables automatic transfer from line power to battery power - to maintain continuous AC power to connected loads.|
|Front panel LEDs||Set of 6 LEDs offer continuous status information on load percentage (6 levels reported) and battery charge level (7 levels reported). See manual for sequences.|
|Shipping Dimensions (HWD/in)||13.25 x 15 x 21.13|
|Shipping Dimensions (HWD/cm)||33.66 x 38.1 x 53.66|
|Shipping weight (lbs)||46|
|Shipping weight (kg)||20.9|
|Unit Dimensions (HWD/in)||7 x 8.5 x 14|
|Unit Dimensions (HWD/cm)||17.78 x 21.59 x 35.56|
|Unit weight (lbs)||42|
|Unit weight (kg)||19.1|
|Cooling method||Multi-speed fan|
|Material of construction||Polycarbonate|
|Style||Heavy-duty with built-in battery charger|
|Form factors supported||Mounting slots enable permanent placement of inverter on any horizontal surface (see manual for additional mounting information)|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% non-condensing|
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
|Transfer time from line power to battery mode||20 milliseconds (typical - compatible with many computers, servers and networking equipment - verify transfer time compatibility of loads for UPS applications)|
|Low voltage transfer to battery power||In AC "auto" mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage drops to 144V (user adjustable to 163, 182, 201V - see manual)|
|High voltage transfer to battery power||In AC "auto" mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage increases to 259V (user adjustable to 264 - see manual)|
|Load Sensing||Optional load sense function enables automatic inverter shutoff and startup as connected equipment is powered off and on. Front panel load sense potentiometer can be set to shutoff or turn on inverter power in response to loads of any level, up to 150 watts.|
|Remote control capability||Yes|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||1-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Our Chicago-based team of tech support experts is available to work with you at your convenience online and via phone or fax:
Online Tech Support
Please have the unit(s) serial numbers available for quick reference when calling.
One month ago it did reset by himself a few times but lately it does very often and I canât use it at all since it keeps resetting every minute or two. I have checked the PCB and there is nothing burned on the board and it doesnât smell that has burned something. The only suggestion is that the programed chip probably needs to be reprogramed or replaced.
When on battery power only, it does provide 230 volt AC power, but does not recharge or show AC power available even though it is.
When the switch is set to "OFF" or "Charge Only" the AC power does pass through, but there are no lights and the unit does not charge the batteries.
Mine satrts when the inverters starts and stops after few second though much load is not on the inverter.
As the draw on the inverters will vary from application to application, the operation time will vary as well.
For additional information please reach out to our main product support team at 773-869-1233 option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When inverter is in Auto/Remote mode, I can hear battery is always 'boiling' water because is seems that is charging all the time; config A switches are all down, and B switches are all up. Battery is 'wet' cell type 220 Ah and I have to add distilled water to it all the time because of evaporation. Can you please explain how to fix this problem so inverter detects when battery is full and make it shutdown automatically charging?
Page 5 provides information on the load sense dial which will shut off the inverter in the absence of any power demand from connected equipment or appliances.
If additional assistance is required please reach out to our main product support team at 773-869-1233 option 3 or email@example.com.
Power Inverters: Accessories
Software & Downloads
- Runtime Chart for Model APSINT2012 Inverter/Charger[pdf - 51 Kb]
- Owner's Manual for APSINT2012 Inverter Charger 932817[pdf - 4 Mb]
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.