Runtime chart for SU30K3/3XR5
Runtime tests are performed with new, fully charged batteries under typical office or data center environmental conditions.
The runtimes presented here are estimates based on actual data points.
Contact a 3-Phase Product Specialist
We tailor our advice to your needs, including your level of knowledge and experience. If you're already an expert, we won't waste your time. We'll deliver the essential facts so you can move forward with your project. If you're new to 3-phase, we'll give you all the help you need, every step of the way.
If you aren't completely sure what you need to order and how to prepare your site, you might waste money on unnecessary equipment, neglect to plan for future needs or, worst of all, leave critical systems exposed to damage and downtime. We help you make sure that doesn't happen.
If your project qualifies, we can even visit your site to make sure your 3-phase installation is a complete success.†
Site visit eligibility determined by Tripp Lite. May require additional fees.
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST).
The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
SmartOnline 30kVA On-Line Double-Conversion UPS, 3 Phase input / output with oversize battery set
Model Number: SU30K3/3XR5
- 30,000 VA (30kVA) EXTENDED RUNTIME tower UPS with internal batteries
- Saves valuable space and simplifies runtime scalability
- 3-phase hardwire input and output (120/208VAC). Wide input voltage correction range (96 - 144V AC / 166 - 250V AC)
- IGBT technology and zero transfer time, on-line, double-conversion operation
- 3 communication ports, SNMP card slot and EPO jack
Tripp Lite's SU30K3/3XR5 30kVA SmartOnline 3-Phase Intelligent, True On-Line Extended Runtime UPS System has been redesigned to save valuable space and simplify runtime scalability. Power and battery components are combined into a single, small-footprint module (the smallest in its class). A robust internal battery runtime capability can be easily extended by installing additional optional internal battery packs through the convenient front panel access door. The SU30K3/3XR5 features a large internal battery compartment that contains more internal batteries than the equivalent standard-run model (SU30K3/3) and more space to add additional optional internal battery packs to extend runtime. The SU30K3/3XR5 provides mission critical equipment with the highest level of power protection available. Large capacity 30,000VA/24,000 watt UPS continually converts incoming AC power into filtered DC power, and then resynthesizes it back into AC power with a pure sine wave. Perfectly regulated, continuous sine wave output with zero transfer time offers compatibility with all equipment types. IGBT inverter technology produces output power with <3% THD (total harmonic distortion), allowing connected equipment to perform at its peak. A 3:1 crest factor safely supports a variety of equipment, even those with wildly-fluctuating power demands. Extremely efficient operation saves money by lowering electricity consumption. Hardwire input and output connections support a variety of permanent or PDU style power connections. SU30K3/3XR5 features 120/208V AC, 3-phase, 4-wire (plus ground), wye input and output. It also features a wide input voltage correction range: 96 -144/166-250V AC. Frequency is 50 or 60 Hz (auto-selectable). SU30K3/3XR5 includes internal power and battery components in a single small-footprint tower module. Battery support can be extended with additional internal battery packs. A manual bypass switch as well as an automatic bypass function ensure 100% availability of connected equipment by safely passing through AC power when the UPS requires maintenance. Three built-in communication ports (RS-232, contact closure and AS-400) work with included PowerAlert Software to simultaneously provide shutdown commands and reporting on multiple servers without the need for costly accessories. An accessory slot accepts an optional internal SNMP card (model # SNMPWEBCARD) for remote shutdowns, reboots and more. A Battery Start Switch allows cold restart of UPS during a prolonged blackout to utilize its batteries for periodic system access or data retrieval. An Emergency Power Off button turns UPS output OFF and disables Bypass output. Built-in Emergency Power Off (EPO) interface supports remote emergency shutdown in large facilities. Front panel combination LCD/LED display alerts users to a variety of UPS operational modes and conditions. A start-up service program is recommended to enhance the reliability of the installation.
- Large internal battery compartment contains more internal batteries than the equivalent standard-run model (SU30K3/3) and more space to add additional optional internal battery packs to extend runtime.Saves valuable space: power and battery components combined into a single small-footprint module
- Simplifies runtime scalability: convenient front panel battery access for expandable runtime with additional internal battery packs
- True on-line, double conversion UPS with IGBT technology provides pure, sine wave AC output at all times
- Maintains continuous operation through blackouts, voltage fluctuations and surges with zero transfer time
- Removes harmonic distortion, electrical impulses, frequency variations and other hard-to-solve power problems
- 30,000VA/24,000 watt power capacity with 3-phase, hardwire 120/208V AC input/output connections
- Features a wide input voltage correction range: 96 - 144/166 - 250V AC
- 61 minutes runtime at half load (11,300 watts) based on adding 3 SURBC2030 battery packs and 11 minutes runtime at full load (24,000 watts)
- 3:1 crest factor safely supports a variety of equipment, even those with wildly-fluctuating power demands
- Extend runtime by installing optional internal battery packs (model # SURBC2030) through the front panel access door. SU30K3/3XR5 includes 5 internal battery packs and accepts 3 additional internal battery packs. A standalone battery module compartment with a 4 battery pack capacity and daisy-chain capability (model # SUBF2030) is available to further extend runtime.
- 3 communication ports (RS-232, contact closure and AS-400)
- Slot for optional SNMP card (model # SNMPWEBCARD)
- Manual bypass switch as well as an automatic bypass function ensures 100% availability of connected equipment by safely passing through AC power when the UPS system requires maintenance
- Battery Start Switch allows cold restart of UPS during a prolonged blackout to utilize its batteries for periodic system access or data retrieval
- Emergency Power Off button turns UPS output OFF and disables Bypass output
- PowerAlert Universal UPS Power Management Software and 6 ft. communication cable included
- Built-in Emergency Power Off (EPO) interface supports remote emergency shutdown in large facilities
- Combination LED/LCD display
- Start-up service program is recommended to enhance the reliability of the installation
- SU30K3/3XR5 UPS System (power and battery components in one module)
- PowerAlert Software and cabling
- Warranty information
- Instruction manual
|Output Volt Amp Capacity (VA)||30000|
|Output kVA Capacity (kVA)||30|
|Output Watt Capacity (Watts)||24000|
|Output kW Capacity (kW)||24|
|Nominal Output Voltage(s) Supported||120/208V; 3-Phase Wye|
|Frequency Compatibility||50 / 60 Hz|
|Output Voltage Regulation (Line Mode)||+/- 2%|
|Output Voltage Regulation (Battery Mode)||+/- 2%|
|UPS Output Receptacles||Hardwire|
|Output AC Waveform (AC Mode)||Sine wave|
|Output AC Waveform (Battery Mode)||Pure Sine wave|
|Rated input current (Maximum Load)||90A (per phase, online)|
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||120/208V AC (3ph wye)|
|Nominal Input Voltage Description||3-Phase Wye, 4 wire (L1, L2, L3, N, G)|
|UPS Input Connection Type||Hardwire|
|Full Load Runtime (min.)||11 min. (24kw)|
|Half Load Runtime (min.)||25 min. (12kw)|
|Expandable Battery Runtime||Supports extended runtime with optional external battery packs|
|External Battery Pack Compatibility||SURBC2030 ; SUBF2030 (holds 4 SURBC2030)|
|Expandable Runtime Description||Includes a battery housing with space for 3 internal SURBC2030 battery packs for extended runtime. Additional runtime capacity is available by adding SUBF2030 and additional SURBC2030 batteries - see runtime chart for specific recommendations|
|DC System Voltage (VDC)||240|
|Battery Recharge Rate (Included Batteries)||2 - 4 hours from 10% to 90%|
|Internal UPS Replacement Battery Cartridge||SURBC2030|
|Battery Access||Front panel internal battery access door|
|Battery Replacement Description||Hot-swappable, replaceable batteries|
|Voltage Regulation Description||Online, double-conversion power conditioning|
|Overvoltage Correction||Maintains continuous operation without using battery power during overvoltages to 144 / 250 (3-Phase, 4-Wire, wye), reducing output within 2% of nominal|
|Undervoltage Correction||Maintains continuous operation without using battery power during brownout / undervoltage conditions to 96 / 166 (3-Phase, 4-Wire, wye)|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|LED Indicators||7 LED DISPLAY: AC input, bypass input, AC-DC charger, DC-AC inverter, AC output, bypass operation and battery operation|
|Front Panel LCD Display||SELECTABLE LCD DISPLAY: indicates a wide range of UPS operational and fault/warning conditions including operational mode, alarm/shutdown conditions, input/output voltage/frequency, battery voltage, load percentage and more (see manual)|
|Audible Alarm||Alarms warn against a variety of operational conditions: low-battery, overload, shutdown, bypass and more|
|Alarm Cancel Operation||Power-fail alarm can be silenced using alarm-cancel switch|
|Switches||"ON" button turns UPS's inverter ON. "OFF" button turns UPS's inverter OFF. "Select" Button browses through items displayed on LCD screen. "Enter" button selects items displayed on LCD screen. "Select" and "Enter" buttons used simultaneously mute UPS alarms. "Battery Start" Switch cold starts the inverter. "Emergency Power Off" button turns UPS output OFF and disables Bypass output. "Manual Bypass" switch bypasses the UPS's inverter during maintenance.|
SURGE / NOISE SUPPRESSION
|EMI / RFI AC Noise Suppression||Yes|
|AC Suppression Joule Rating||2032|
|AC Suppression Response Time||Instantaneous|
|Installation Form Factors Supported with Included Accessories||Tower|
|Primary Form Factor||Tower|
|UPS Power Module Dimensions (hwd, in.)||50.9 x 19.5 x 36.8|
|UPS Power Module Dimensions (hwd, cm)||129.3 x 49.5 x 93.5|
|UPS Power Module Weight (lbs.)||935|
|UPS Power Module Weight (kg)||424.5|
|UPS Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||61.5 x 31 x 44.5|
|UPS Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||156.2 x 78.7 x 113|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||1152|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||523|
|UPS Housing Material||Steel|
|Operating Temperature Range||+32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit / 0 to +40 degrees Celsius.|
|Storage Temperature Range||+5 to +122 degrees Fahrenheit / -15 to +50 degrees Celsius.|
|Relative Humidity||5 to 95%, non-condensing|
|AC Mode BTU / Hr. (Full Load)||11171|
|Communications Interface||DB9 Serial; Contact closure; Slot for SNMP/Web interface|
|Network Monitoring Port Description||RS232, contact closure and AS400 monitoring ports are supported by 3 separate DB9 ports|
|Communications Cable||DB9 cabling included|
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
|Transfer Time||No transfer time (0 ms.) in online, double-conversion mode|
|Low Voltage Transfer to Battery Power (Setpoint)||Maintains continuous operation during undervoltages as low as 96 / 166V AC (3-Phase, 4-Wire, wye). Below this point, output is maintained utilizing battery reserves.|
|High Voltage Transfer to Battery Power (Setpoint)||Maintains continuous operation during overvoltages as high as 144 / 250V AC (3-Phase, 4-Wire, wye). Above this point, output is maintained utilizing battery reserves.|
|Cold Start (Startup in Battery Mode During a Power Failure)||Cold-start operation supported|
|High Availability UPS Features||Automatic inverter bypass; Hot swappable batteries|
|UPS Certifications||Tested to UL1778 (USA); Tested to CSA (Canada); Tested to NOM (Mexico); Meets FCC Part 15 Category A (EMI)|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||2-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
The number is 773-869-1236 and the email is UPSApplications@tripplite.com.
A telephone call will be best as they can provide you with the information, as well as discuss your application and make sure this product is the right fit.
For this inquiry please reach out to our UPS Applications team at 773-869-1236 or UPSApplications@tripplite.com.
UPS Systems: UPS Battery Packs & Accessories
Extended Warranties & Start-Up/On-Site Services: Start-Up/On-Site Services
This product has a 1-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
- 3-Phase Domestic Site Survey Form (English)[pdf - 13 Kb]
- 3-Phase Maintenance Bypass Planning Sheet (English)[pdf - 726 Kb]
- 3-Phase Maintenance Bypass Planning Sheet (French)[pdf - 580 Kb]
- SU30K3/3XR5 Specification Sheet (French)[pdf - 89 Kb]
- Owner's Manual for Battery Module Compartment Model: SUBF2030 932653[pdf - 446 Kb]
- Owner's Manual for SmartOnline 3-Phase 20kVA & 30kVA UPS 932624[pdf - 14 Mb]
- Unpacking Instructions 932652[pdf - 720 Kb]
- Sealed Lead-Acid Battery Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) (English)[pdf - 128 Kb]
- Runtime Chart for UPS Model SU30K3/3[pdf - 95 Kb]
- PowerAlert Power Management Software[free download]
3-Phase UPS Systems & Batteries Visio Stencil
Free Power Management Software for your SU30K3/3XR5
Runtime at Full Load
11 min. (24kw)
Runtime at Half Load
25 min. (12kw)
Do you own a SU30K3/3XR5?
Get all your support resources in one place.go to model support→
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.