12-Slot Media Converter Chassis for Select N784-H and N785-H Models, 3U Rack Mount
Houses and powers up to 12 media converters to help you create customized copper-to-fiber or copper-to-copper installations.
- Accepts up to 12 select Tripp Lite media converters, including SC, ST and SFP types
- Rear fans keep equipment cool and connect to front LEDs for easy troubleshooting
- Compatible with primary and redundant DC or AC power supplies (AC supply included)
- On/off trigger guard helps prevent the power switch from being activated by accident
- Flexible installation options include desktop, wall and 3U rack with included hardware
The N785-CH12 is compatible with both AC and DC power supplies but should never be used with one of each in the primary and redundant power supply bays.
House, Organize and Power Up to 12 Tripp Lite Media Converters
This media converter chassis accommodates as many as 12 Tripp Lite N784-H and N785-H multimedia converters, including SC, ST and SFP fiber types. You can easily install the media converters in the chassis’ input slots using the included mounting brackets and hardware to create a variety of copper-to-fiber or copper-to-copper installations, including singlemode, multimode and open SFP port converters. The N785-CH12 is compatible with N784-H01-SCMM, N784-H01-STMM, N784-H01-SCSM, N785-H01-SCMM, N785-H01-SCSM and N785-H01-SFP converters.
Works with DC and AC Power Supplies
The N785-CH12 is compatible with both DC and AC power supplies, including the preinstalled N785-CH75W-AC with six-foot (1.8-meter) power cord, NEMA 5-15P input and preinstalled glass-tube fuse (two spare fuses are also included). A second power supply may be installed to provide redundant power to the chassis and avoid network downtime. A trigger guard helps prevent the power switch from being turned off accidentally. Note: Only one type of power supply should be used. Do not mix DC and AC power supplies. Tripp Lite’s N785-CH75W-DC power supply is sold separately.
Rear Fans Help Prevent Overheating
Three fans built into the rear of the chassis draw air inward to help keep the media converters cool. You may periodically clean the fans by removing the panel assembly.
LEDs Keep You Informed at a Glance
Green LEDs on the front Status Monitoring Panel indicate when a media converter has been correctly installed in each input slot. These LEDs will not illuminate if an input slot is empty or if power is not being properly supplied. Three red LEDs let you know the cooling fans are functioning properly. Another red LED informs you that the chassis is receiving power.
Flexibility in Installation Gives You Options
The N785-CH12 mounts into 3U of space in your EIA-standard 19-inch rack using the included hardware. It can also rest flat on any desktop or mount on a wall with the use of a shelf (not included) that is securely mounted to a suitable structure. The shelf must support at least 33 pounds (15 kilograms). It should not only be large enough to accommodate the chassis, but also allow sufficient space for adequate ventilation on all sides.
- Accommodates select Tripp Lite N784-H and N785-H media converters, including N784-H01-SCMM, N784-H01-STMM, N784-H01-SCSM, N785-H01-SCMM, N785-H01-SCSM and N785-H01-SFP
- Not compatible with Tripp Lite’s N785-H01-SFP-D, N785-I01-SFP-D and N785-I01-SFP-DU
- N785-CH12 3U 12-Slot Media Converter Chassis
- N785-CH75W-AC Power supply with 6 ft. power cord, NEMA 5-15P plug and glass-tube fuse (Input: 90–240V, 50/60 Hz, 2A; Output: 12V 6.5A)
- (2) Mounting brackets
- (24) Mounting panels
- (2) Rack-mount kits
- (48) M3 6x5 mm screws
- (10) F3 6x5 mm screws
- (6) M5 16x10 mm screws
- (4) M4 10x8 mm screws
- (2) Spare glass-tube fuses
- Owner’s manual
|Accessory Class||Networking Accessories|
|External Power Supply Input Specs (V / Hz / A)||90-240V / 50/60Hz / 2A|
|External Power Supply Output Specs (V / A)||12V / 6.5A|
|External Power Supply Cord Length (ft.)||6|
|External Power Supply Plug(s)||NEMA 5-15P North America|
|Dual Power Supply (Y/N)||Yes|
USER INTERFACE, ALERTS & CONTROLS
|Front Panel LEDs||FAN 1-3 (x3); SLOT 1-12 (x12)|
|Included Mounting Accessories||Mounting Bracket (x2), Mounting Panel (x24), Rack Mounting Kit (x2), M3 6x5mm Screw (x48), F3 6x5mm Screw (x10), M5 16x10mm Screw (x4)|
|Included Mounting Accessory Description||Includes x2 Mounting Brackets for mounting to a surface. Includes x2 Rack Mounting Kit handles and screws for mounting in a rack.|
|Usable Rack Space||3U|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||11.42 x 16.93 x 5.24|
|Unit Packaging Type||Box|
|Rack Compatibility||600 mm (Standard)|
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
|Mounting Accessory Included||Yes|
|N784-H01-SCMM||Hardened Copper to Fiber Media Converter - 10/100 Mbps, RJ45/SC Multimode, -10° to 60°C, 2 km (1.2 mi.)|
|N784-H01-SCSM||Hardened Copper to Fiber Media Converter - 10/100 Mbps, RJ45/SC Singlemode, -10° to 60°C, 30 km (18.6 mi.)|
|N784-H01-STMM||Hardened Copper to Fiber Media Converter - 10/100 Mbps, RJ45/ST Multimode, -10° to 60°C, 2 km (1.2 mi.)|
|N785-H01-SCMM||Hardened Gigabit Fiber to Ethernet Media Converter, 10/100/1000 Mbps, RJ45/SC Multimode, -10° to 60°C, 500 m (1640 ft.)|
|N785-H01-SCSM||Hardened Gigabit Fiber to Ethernet Media Converter, 10/100/1000 Mbps, RJ45/SC Singlemode, -10° to 60°C, 10 km (6.2 mi.)|
|N785-H01-SFP||Hardened Gigabit Fiber to Ethernet Media Converter, 10/100/1000 Mbps, RJ45/SFP, -10° to 60°C|
Documents & Downloads
- Owner’s Manual for 19" 12-Slot Rack-Mount Media Converter Chassis (Models: N785-CH12, 75W AC Power Supply: N785-CH75W-AC, 75W DC Power Supply: N785-CH75W-DC)
- Owner’s Manual for 19" 12-Slot Rack-Mount Media Converter Chassis (Models: N785-CH12, 75W AC Power Supply: N785-CH75W-AC, 75W DC Power Supply: N785-CH75W-DC) Multiple Languages
Declarations of Conformity
How can we improve the information on this page?
Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.