Model Number: SR42UBMDEXPND
42U SmartRack 4-Post Mid-Depth Open Frame Rack - no sides or doors
- 42U SmartRack Premium open frame rack
- 36" (927mm) depth (with mounting depth increments from 4 to 31") and standard 24" (600mm) width
- 4 interior vertical posts with unthreaded square hole openings
- Ships fully assembled
- 3000 lb stationary / 2250 lb rolling load capacity
- Preinstalled casters and leveling feet
- Rolls through standard 7 foot doorways
- Includes 50 pieces of M6 cage nuts and 50 pieces of M6 screws (equipment mounting hardware)
The SR42UBMDEXPND is part of our new line of mid-depth rack enclosures. Our new line offers 36" (927mm) depth opposed to the standard 42" (1050mm).
The SR42UBMDEXPND is a 42U SmartRack enclosure with NO doors and NO side panels. The 'EXP' version is an expansion model used when several cabinets are bayed together. Its integrated baying tabs make it easy to combine multiple enclosures in rows for data center applications. This enclosure is also compatible with hot-aisle/cold-aisle configurations.
The SR42UBMDEXPND houses 3000 lb of standard 19-inch rack equipment in 42U. Its front and rear pairs of vertical rails have square mounting holes that are adjustable in quarter-inch increments from 4 to 31 inches. Adjustment is quick and an easy-view depth index ensures consistent rail placement without requiring time-consuming measurements. Each rack space within the enclosure is numbered for ready reference.
Two of the adjustable vertical mounting rails support toolless button-mount 0U installation of up to four compatible PDUs and cable managers. This feature makes it easier to route cabling to rack equipment and reduces cord clutter.
All components of the SR42UBMDEXPND are grounded to the enclosure frame. Front and rear threaded grounding points are provided for connection to the facility earth ground.
To simplify deployment, the SR42UBMDEXPND comes with preinstalled casters that enable it to be easily maneuvered into the desired location, where it can be secured by adjusting the preinstalled levelers. Note: the casters are intended for minor position adjustments and are not designed for moving the enclosure over long distances.
The SR42UBMDEXPND comes with a 5-year product warranty. As part of the SmartRack family, the SR42UBMDEXPND is compatible with Tripp Lite’s extensive range of rackmount accessories, enabling you to customize your solution to meet any requirement.
- Ships fully assembled for rapid deployment and roll into place on pre-installed casters, allowing the enclosures to be pre-configured and rolled to the final installation location. Casters are removable.
- Front and rear sets of equipment mounting rails adjust in 1/4" increments. Adjustment is quick and convenient. The easy-view depth index ensures consistent rail placement without requiring time-consuming measurements.
- Tool-less accessory mounting rails (2 rails per enclosure) include slots for quick installation of compatible PDUs and vertical cable managers. Mounting slots are arranged in an industry-standard pattern compatible with a wide variety of accessories. Each rail can accommodate two vertical PDUs or cable managers side-by-side (four items per enclosure).
- Enclosure includes mounting hardware of 50 pieces of M6 cage nuts and 50 pieces of M6 screws
- Textured powder coat finish for tough resistance to environmental concerns such as deployment in warehouses.
- Maximum usable internal depth of 31 inches
- Weight ratings of 3000 lb stationary and 2250 lb rolling.
- Built in baying tabs allow premium open frame racks to be combined securely in rows. Center-to-center width can be set at 600mm or 24" to match standard data center floor tiles.
- Leveling feet extend to allow premium open frame racks to be positioned on uneven floors. Levelers are removable.
- Compact design allows the premium open frame racks to roll through standard height commercial doorways.
- Convenient grounding system. All components are grounded to the premium open frame rack structure which includes multiple connections for facility ground.
- Open bottom for cable access.
- Included stabilizing brackets are used for shipment and can be reattached at the bottom of the premium open frame rack on the inside or outside of the rack.
- Compatibility with all cable management accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions
A rack unit (commonly referred to as a "U") is a standard measure of the height of a device in a server rack. One rack unit is 44.45 mm (1.75 in) high. The height of a one rack unit device is described as 1U, a two rack unit device as 2U and so on.
Additional FAQs may be available on the SR42UBMDEXPND model support page.
- Owner's Manual for Smart Rack Enclosures 932723 (Multi-language)
- Installation Guide for SmartRack Latch 932902
- Submittal Drawings
- Rack and Cooling Solutions Brochure 953111B (English)
- Integrated Solutions Brochure 953479 (English)
- SmartRack Racks and Accessories Overview for Canada (12-542) Flyer (English)
- SmartRack Racks and Accessories Overview (12-543) Flyer (English)
- Rack Basics: Everything You Need to Know Before You Equip Your Data Center White Paper 120v (English)
- Rack Basics: Everything You Need to Know Before You Equip Your Data Center White Paper 230v (English)
- Increase Rack Cooling Efficiency and Solve Heat-Related Problems 230v (English)
- Rack Solutions Flyer 953111B (English)
Useful Web Pages
- Rack Buying Guide
- Custom Products from Tripp Lite Are One Call Away
- Rack Enclosure Ratings
- Rack Basics