Model Number: SR42UBEIS
SmartRack 42U NEMA 12 (IP54) Standard-Depth Rack Enclosure Cabinet for Harsh Environments
- NEMA 12 (IP54) Protection Rating: Sealed, locking cabinet protects against dust, dirt, drips and splashes
- Heavy-duty, torsion-resistant construction withstands jolts and vibrations in harsh working environments
- Self-Sealing Cable Ports: Permit cable access while maintaining dust and moisture resistance
- Louvered Doors with Sealing Gaskets: Keep out drips, splashing water and falling debris
- Built-in Dust Filters: Are easy to remove and replace with standard off-the-shelf furnace filters
- 12 High-Performance Fans: Maintain ample airflow to keep equipment cool
The SmartRack 42U NEMA 12 (IP54) Standard-Depth Rack Enclosure Cabinet protects sensitive electronic equipment from harsh conditions that would overwhelm a typical rack enclosure, including falling dirt, dust, drips and splashes. It is ideal for use in factories, construction areas, utility plants, warehouses and other areas high in moisture, dust and debris. The enclosure has a NEMA 12 protection rating, which is equivalent to IP54. That means it can protect your equipment from falling dirt, dust, drips, splashes and accidental contact with personnel. The front and rear doors have ventilating louvers instead of open mesh. They also have a sealing gasket around the door frames. On the front door there are built-in dust filters. The filters are removable and they can be replaced with standard furnace filters - they're simple, inexpensive and effective. To compensate for the added air resistance of the filters, there are 12 large, high performance fans to the rear door. The fans pull air through the enclosure, from front to rear. The roof of the enclosure is sealed with a cap that keeps drips and falling dirt from getting inside the enclosure. Since the doors and top are sealed, cable access is provided through 6 cable ports - 2 in the roof, 2 below the rear door, and 2 in the unit floor. They allow cables to pass through, but they block the area around the cables maintaining the NEMA 12 protection. The enclosure may be subjected to extreme vibrations and movements produced by vehicles and machinery. The heavy-duty steel frame supports up to 3000 pounds. The large-diameter industrial casters also support up to 3000 pounds, which means you can move the enclosure fully loaded. This is useful where you can install all your equipment in a clean environment, close the enclosure and wheel it to the dirty environment with all your equipment already protected. After the enclosure is in place, the levelers allow you to compensate for minor floor variations and make sure everything is stable. If you need to build a data center in the middle of your factory floor, you can do it with this enclosure. It's perfect for locations like factories, power stations, construction areas, shipping facilities, warehouses, processing plants, transport hubs and anywhere you need to protect equipment in a harsh working environment.
- NEMA 12(IP54) protection rating allowing protection from falling dirt, dust, drips, splashes and accidental contact with personnel.
- Can withstand extreme movement and vibrations of heavy and machinery and vehicles as well as the stress of a major earthquake
- Heavy duty steel frame supports 3000lbs
- Large diameter industrial casters supports 3000lbs which allows the enclosure to be moved fully loaded.
- Front and rear doors have ventilating louvers and a sealing gasket around the door frames.
- Built-in removable dust filters that can be replaced with standard furnace filters.
- 12 large, high-performance fans in rear door that pull air through the enclosure, from front to rear.
- 6 cable ports allow cable access while maintaining dust and moisture resistance.
- Accommodates all standard 19-inch rackmount equipment.
- Ships fully assembled for rapid deployment.
- Meets all enclosure requirements towards PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) Compliance
- SmartRack 42U NEMA 12 (IP54) Standard-Depth Rack Enclosure Cabinet
- (4) Side panels
- (4) Side panel locks
- (2) Keys for door and side panels
- (50) M6 screws
- (50) M6 cage nuts
- (50) M6 washers
- (2) Air filter
- (3) AC power cords
- Owner's Manual
Frequently Asked Questions
A rack unit (commonly referred to as a "U") is a standard measure of the height of a device in a server rack. One rack unit is 44.45 mm (1.75 in) high. The height of a one rack unit device is described as 1U, a two rack unit device as 2U and so on.
Additional FAQs may be available on the SR42UBEIS model support page.
- Installation Guide for SmartRack Latch 932902
- Owner's Manual for SR42UBEIS SmartRack™ NEMA 12 Enclosure 933073
- Submittal Drawings
- Rack and Cooling Solutions Brochure 953111B (English)
- Integrated Solutions Brochure 953479 (English)
- SmartRack Racks and Accessories Overview for Canada (12-542) Flyer (English)
- SmartRack Racks and Accessories Overview (12-543) Flyer (English)
- Rack Basics: Everything You Need to Know Before You Equip Your Data Center White Paper 120v (English)
- Rack Basics: Everything You Need to Know Before You Equip Your Data Center White Paper 230v (English)
- Increase Rack Cooling Efficiency and Solve Heat-Related Problems 230v (English)
- Rack Solutions Flyer 953111B (English)
Useful Web Pages
- Rack Buying Guide
- Custom Products from Tripp Lite Are One Call Away
- Rack Enclosure Ratings
- Rack Basics
- SR42UBEIS SmartRack 42U Industrial Rack Enclosure