42U SmartRack 4-Post Mid-Depth Open Frame Rack, Expansion Version - no sides, doors or roof
- 42U SmartRack Premium open frame rack (no sides, doors or roof)
- 36" (927mm) depth (with mounting depth increments from 4 to 31") and standard 24" (600mm) width
- 4 interior vertical posts with unthreaded square hole openings
- Ships fully assembled
- 3000 lbs (1360.8 kgs) stationary / 3000 lbs (1360.8 kgs) rolling load capacity
- Preinstalled heavy duty 3" casters and leveling feet
- Rolls through standard 7-ft. (2.13 m) doorway
- Includes 50 pieces of M6 cage nuts and 50 pieces of M6 screws (equipment mounting hardware)
- 5-year limited warranty
The SR42BMDEXPNDNR3 houses 3000 lbs (1360.8 kgs) of standard 19-inch rack equipment in 42U. It is an expansion model that comes without sides, doors or roof. The front and rear pairs of vertical rails have square mounting holes that are adjustable in quarter-inch increments from 4 to 31 inches. Adjustment is quick and an easy-view depth index ensures consistent rail placement without requiring time-consuming measurements. Each rack space within the enclosure is numbered for ready reference and supports tool-less button-mount 0U installation of up to four compatible PDUs and cable managers.
All components of the SR42BMDEXPNDNR3 are grounded to the enclosure frame. Front and rear threaded grounding points are provided for connection to the facility earth ground.
To simplify deployment, the SR42BMDEXPNDNR3 comes with preinstalled 3" casters that enable it to be easily maneuvered into the desired location, where it can be secured by adjusting the preinstalled levelers. Note: the casters are intended for minor position adjustments and are not designed for moving the enclosure over long distances.
The SR42BMDEXPNDNR3 comes with a 5-year product warranty. As part of the SmartRack family, the SR42BMDEXPNDNR3 is compatible with Tripp Lite's extensive range of rackmount accessories, enabling you to customize your solution to meet any requirement.
- Ships fully assembled for rapid deployment and roll into place on heavy-duty pre-installed 3" casters (casters are removable)
- Front and rear sets of equipment mounting rails adjust in 1/4" increments. Adjustment is quick and convenient. The easy-view depth index ensures consistent rail placement without requiring time-consuming measurements.
- Tool-less accessory mounting rails (2 rails per enclosure) include slots for quick installation of compatible PDUs and vertical cable managers. Mounting slots are arranged in an industry-standard pattern compatible with a wide variety of accessories. Each rail can accommodate two vertical PDUs or cable managers side-by-side (four items per enclosure).
- Enclosure includes mounting hardware of 50 pieces of M6 cage nuts and 50 pieces of M6 screws
- Textured powder coat finish for tough resistance to environmental concerns such as deployment in warehouses.
- Maximum usable internal depth of 31 inches/787 mm (front to rear rail).
- Weight ratings of 3000 lbs (1360.8 kgs) stationary and 3000 lbs (1360.8 kgs) rolling.
- Built in baying tabs allow premium open frame racks to be combined securely in rows. Center-to-center width can be set at 600mm or 24" to match standard data center floor tiles.
- Leveling feet extend to allow premium open frame racks to be positioned on uneven floors. Levelers are removable.
- Compact design allows the premium open frame racks to roll through standard height commercial doorways.
- Convenient grounding system. All components are grounded to the premium open frame rack structure which includes multiple connections for facility ground.
- Open top and bottom for cable access.
- Included stabilizing brackets are used for shipment and can be reattached at the bottom of the premium open frame rack on the inside or outside of the rack.
- Compatibility with all cable management accessories.
|Device Compatibility||Patch Panel; Network Switch; UPS|
|Maximum Device Depth (in.)||31|
|Minimum Device Depth (in.)||4|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||79.00 x 24.50 x 33.50|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||130.00|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||79.5 x 23.63 x 36|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||94|
|Weight Capacity - Rolling (lbs.)||3000|
|Weight Capacity - Stationary (lbs.)||3000|
|Number of Vertical Mounting Rails||4|
|Grounding Lug||Front and Back door frames|
STANDARDS & COMPLIANCE
|Certifications||UL60950; RoHS; CE|
|Approvals||EIA/ECA-310, IEC 60297-3-100|
|Product Warranty Period (Worldwide)||5-year limited warranty|
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional FAQs may be available on the SR42BMDEXPNDNR3 model support page.
|4POSTRAILKIT||4-Post Rack-Mount Installation Kit of select Rack-Mount UPS Systems|
|UPSHDEARKIT||Heavy-Duty 2-post Front Mounting Ear Kit|
|4POSTRAILKIT1U||4-Post 1U Universal Adjustable Rack-Mount Shelf Kit|
|SR1UPANEL200||1U Blanking Panel Kit, Toolless-Mounting, 200 pieces|
|SR1UPANEL50||1U Blanking Panel Kit, Toolless-Mounting, 50 pieces|
|SRBOLTDOWN||SmartRack Bolt-Down Kit - Secures stabilizing brackets or plates to facility floor|
|SRCAGENUT5MM||SmartRack Square Hole Hardware Kit with 50 M5 screws and washers|
|SRCAGENUTS||SmartRack Square Hole Hardware Kit with 50 M6 screws and washers|
|SRCAGENUTS1224||SmartRack Square Hole Hardware Kit with 50 pcs 12-24 screws and washers|
|SRSHELF2P||SmartRack 2U Cantilever Fixed Shelf (60 lbs / 27.2 kgs capacity; 18-in. / 457 mm depth.)|
|SRSHELF2P1U||SmartRack 1U Cantilever Fixed Shelf (40 lbs / 18.1 kgs capacity; 12-in. / 305 mm depth.)|
|SRSHELF4PHD||SmartRack Heavy-Duty Fixed Shelf (250 lbs / 113.4 kgs capacity; 26 in/660 mm depth)|
|SRSHELF4PKYBD||SmartRack Keyboard Shelf (25 lbs / 11.3 kgs capacity; 16 in / 406 mm depth)|
|SRSHELF4PSL||SmartRack Standard Sliding Shelf (50 lbs / 22.7 kgs capacity; 28.3 in/719 mm depth)|
|SRSTABILIZE||SmartRack Anti-Tip Stabilizing Plate Kit - Provides extra stability for standalone enclosures|
|SRVRTBAR||SmartRack 42U Vertical Cable Management Bars|
Server Rack Cooling
|SRFAN3U||SmartRack 3U Fan Panel - 3-120V high-performance fans; 210 CFM; 5-15P plug|
|SRXFAN3U||SmartRack 3U Fan Panel - 3 208-240V high-performance fans; 315 CFM; C14 inlet|
Rack Cooling Accessories
|SR1UPANEL10||1U Blanking Panel Kit, Toolless-Mounting, 10 pieces|
|SRCABLEDUCT1U||SmartRack 1U Horizontal Cable Manager - Finger duct with cover|
|SRCABLEDUCT1UHD||SmartRack 1U High Capacity Horizontal Cable Manager - Finger duct with dual-hinge cover|
|SRCABLEDUCT2UHD||SmartRack 2U High Capacity Horizontal Cable Manager - Finger duct with dual-hinge cover|
|SRCABLEDUCTVRT||SmartRack 6 ft. (1.83 m) Vertical Cable Manager - Double finger duct with cover & toolless mounting|
|SRCABLERING1U||SmartRack 1U Horizontal Cable Manager - Flexible ring type|
|SRCABLERING2U||SmartRack 2U Horizontal Cable Manager - Flexible ring type|
|SRCABLERINGVRT||SmartRack 6 ft. (1.83 m) Vertical Cable Manager - Flexible ring type & toolless mounting|
Resources & Downloads
Declarations of Conformity
How can we improve the information on this page?
Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.