PowerAlert® Device Manager (PADM) is the firmware that enables remote management of Tripp Lite LX Platform devices, such as UPS systems, PDUs and other products that are compatible with WEBCARDLX.
This latest version, PowerAlert Device Manager 20.0 (also known as PADM20), provides a completely new and improved user experience, with more customizable and intuitive remote management capabilities than previous versions. Users can organize the dashboard’s graphs and interactive gauges to fit their preferences. PADM20 also expands maintenance functions, including firmware update checks, and backup and restoration of device configurations.
The Auto Probe feature allows the LX device to automatically execute an action when triggered by a communication failure. For instance, on detecting a loss of network connectivity to a router, an LX device can autonomously cycle the outlet powering the router, thereby rebooting it. This action is performed with no involvement by the user and within moments of failure detection. Aside from reducing network downtime, Auto Probe can help lower expenses associated with on-site support.
PADM20 includes a time-based data log with historical rollup, providing granular detail about power metrics and environmental conditions. It also offers new and enhanced security policies, including the ability to upload SSL certificates for better protection of web-enabled devices. It supports LDAP and RADIUS, ensuring that only authorized users have access to the device interface.
- Customizable, interactive dashboard lets users organize their interface to best fit their priorities and workflow.
- Device information and management functions are organized to minimize interface navigation.
- Browser-based PADM20 interface can be easily accessed with an LX device’s IP address.
- User roles and privileges customize access to device management functions.
- Robust Command Line Interface (CLI) provides an alternate, comprehensive management interface.
- Embedded battery pack utility streamlines the configuration process and eliminates the need for a separate download.
- Time-based data log offers insights into power utilization and environmental trends.
- Event monitoring provides an audit trail of power-related issues.
- Auto Probe feature can autonomously power cycle devices on detection of communication loss.
- Device backup and restore simplifies change management in support of business continuity.
- SMS (text) notifications alert IT managers to environmental and power-related events.
- SSL certificate import enhances secure use of LX Platform devices.
- Support of LDAP and RADIUS helps to consolidate and simplify user management.
PADM20 is compatible with all LX Platform devices and can be downloaded free-of-charge from the Tripp Lite website.
- N-suffix UPS systems
- Slotted UPS systems and PDUs
- LX-suffix PDUs
- PDU3EVN and PDU3EVSR Series PDUs
- SRCOOLNETLX and SRCOOLNET2LX
You can reach Tripp Lite Technical Support here:
Phone: +1 (773) 869-1234
Monday through Friday
7:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST (Central Standard Time)
Contact Technical Support
PowerAlert Device Manager Documentation
- Release Notes
- PADM 20 User's Guide
- PADM 20 CLI User's Guide
- Upgrading from PADM15.5.x to PADM20
- Configuring RADIUS with PADM20
- Using PANSA with PADM20
- What happens if I move a WEBCARDLX from one device to another?
- How to Create "Realms" in PADM20
- How to create an AutoProbe in PADM20 (English)
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20 for Networked Tripp Lite UPS Systems
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20 for Switched or Monitored PDUs
- PADM20 High-Level Overview
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20: Command Line Interface
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20: Creating an Auto-Probe
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20: How to Back Up and Restore Device Configurations
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20: Customizing the Dashboard
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20: Roles and Privileges
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20: Inbound SNMP Users
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20: Outbound SNMP Users
- PowerAlert® Device Manager v20: Technical Support Features
- PowerAlert® Element Manager: Device Inventory
- PowerAlert® Element Manager: Mass Firmware Update
- PowerAlert® Element Manager: Process Log
- PowerAlert® Element Manager: Mass Configuration
- PowerAlert® Element Manager: Scan Profiles