Model Number: SR42UBG
SmartRack 42U Standard-Depth Rack Enclosure Cabinet with Clear Acrylic Window
- Maximum stationary load capacity of 3000 lb.
- Front door includes shatter-resistant clear acrylic window
- Locking steel cabinet vented at rear and top
- Secures 42U of 19 in. rack equipment up to 37 in. deep
- Ships assembled for quick and easy deployment
The SR42UBG SmartRack 42U Standard-Depth Rack Enclosure Cabinet is ideal for storing EIA-standard 19-inch rack equipment in network closets, server rooms, data centers and other areas with limited floor space where you need equipment to be secure and organized. Constructed from heavy-duty steel with a durable black powder-coated finish, the cabinet has a maximum stationary load capacity of 3000 pounds.
The front door features a full-length shatter-resistant clear acrylic window that lets you monitor equipment without unlocking the enclosure. Not only does the window help prevent equipment tampering and reduce acoustic noise, but it also adds visual flair to your IT installation.
To ensure your valuable equipment stays secure, the removable side panels, split rear door and reversible front door lock. The rear door and removable top panel are vented, which allows air to flow freely through the cabinet to keep equipment cool. Convenient top ports and an open bottom allow easy cable routing through the cabinet.
The SR42UBG comes partially assembled and ready to deploy with preinstalled casters that let you easily maneuver it into position, where it can be secured by adjusting the removable levelers. Square mounting holes and numbered rack spaces make equipment installation easy. The vertical mounting rails adjust in 1/4-inch increments to accommodate equipment up to 37 inches deep, such as servers and networking switches.
- Perfect for network closets, server rooms, data centers and other areas with limited floor space where you need equipment to be secure and organized
- Houses EIA-standard 19 in. rack equipment in 42U of space
- Maximum stationary load capacity of 3000 lb.
- Maximum rolling load capacity of 2250 lb.
- Doors and side panels lock securely
- Vented rear and top panels allow generous airflow that keeps equipment cool
Shatter-Resistant Clear Acrylic Front Window
- Lets you monitor equipment without unlocking the enclosure
- Prevents equipment tampering
- Reduces acoustic noise
- Provides extra visual flair
Convenient Access to Components and Cabling
- Integrated cable management system helps to eliminate unnecessary airflow obstruction and keep the cabinet more organized
- Removable, split side panels provide easy access for inspection and maintenance
- Split rear door reduces clearance requirements for service access, allowing the enclosure to be placed closer to a wall
- Top ports and open bottom allow cable routing through the cabinet
- Top panel removes toollessly to provide access without disconnecting cables
Ships Partially Assembled for Quick Deployment
- Preinstalled casters enable the enclosure to be easily maneuvered to desired location
- Removable levelers adjust to stabilize the rack on uneven surfaces
Easy Equipment Installation
- Vertical mounting rails adjust in 1/4 in. increments to house equipment up to 37 in. deep
- Rails adjust easily—unscrew them, slide them to desired depth, and screw them back in
- Rails support square-hole mounting
- Rack spaces numbered for easy reference
- 0U mounting slots for quick installation of compatible PDUs and vertical cable managers
Meets Payment Card Industry Standards
- Provides physical equipment and media security required for PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliance
- SR42UBG SmartRack 42U Standard-Depth Rack Enclosure Cabinet
- (50) M6 screws
- (50) M6 cage nuts
- (50) M6 washers
- (2) Keys
- Owner’s manual
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Tripp Lite SmartRack 42U Standard-Depth Rack Enclosure Cabinet with Clear Acrylic Window:
It Looks really nice. Don't forget to get some blank panels to finish off your front look. It quiets the server and com gear noise well. I run a server, 3 switches, 2 routers and 1 kvm and it keeps everything at about 81 Fahrenheit. There is no AC in this room either. Use some shelves to store your stuff behind some blank panels and to get all the space you paid for. Really durable design. I had to dismantle it to get it into my house and down into the basement. I only found a few screws that were stripped, but over all I believe it was designed well. I really like the plexiglass door. No special tools required to assemble the rack. One note... if this is for your home you should let the shipper know in a note that you will need a truck with a lift gate and that you have no fork lifts. This was an issue, but UPS eventually switched to an appropriate truck with a gate and hand truck. This rack weighs about 320 lbs. The shippers will normally only take it to the first step, whether that is at your front door or right at the street. You will love this rack.
Frequently Asked Questions
A rack unit (commonly referred to as a "U") is a standard measure of the height of a device in a server rack. One rack unit is 44.45 mm (1.75 in) high. The height of a one rack unit device is described as 1U, a two rack unit device as 2U and so on.
Additional FAQs may be available on the SR42UBG model support page.
- Owner's Manual for Smart Rack Enclosures 932723 (Multi-language)
- Installation Guide for SmartRack Latch 932902
- Submittal Drawings
- Rack and Cooling Solutions Brochure 953111B (English)
- Integrated Solutions Brochure 953479 (English)
- SmartRack Racks and Accessories Overview for Canada (12-542) Flyer (English)
- SmartRack Racks and Accessories Overview (12-543) Flyer (English)
- Rack Basics: Everything You Need to Know Before You Equip Your Data Center White Paper 120v (English)
- Rack Basics: Everything You Need to Know Before You Equip Your Data Center White Paper 230v (English)
- Increase Rack Cooling Efficiency and Solve Heat-Related Problems 230v (English)
- Rack Solutions Flyer 953111B (English)
Useful Web Pages
- Rack Buying Guide
- Custom Products from Tripp Lite Are One Call Away
- Rack Enclosure Ratings
- Rack Basics