DataShield Serial In-Line Surge Protector, DB9
- Complete serial port (DB9) surge protection
- Protects against the effects of electrostatic discharge
- This product is covered by a Lifetime Limited Warranty (coverage details)
Tripp Lite's DB9 offers dataline surge suppression for DB9 serial ports of data terminal and data communications equipment, including PCs, printers, modems and more. User configurable for use with male or female captive DB9 ports. Offers protection on all 9 lines, plus D shell chassis. Convenient DB9 input and output connects directly to the protected port, obtaining a ground outlet from the computer chassis. Surge suppression is handled with balanced arrays of high-speed avalanche diodes that divert excess energies created by electrostatic discharges away from network interface connections. Tripp Lite network surge suppressors reduce blown interface cards, garbled transmissions, system lock-ups and hard equipment failure by safely shunting dataline surges to ground.
SUPPRESSION: Reversible DB9 m/f jacks, protects pins 1-9 and chassis, 18V clamping
- DB9 protects 9 pin serial connections for dataline surge suppression of data terminal, data communications equipment and PCs, printers, modems and more
- Reversible for use with male or female captive DB9 ports
- Offers protection on all 9 data lines, plus D shell chassis
- Surge suppression utilizing high speed avalanche diodes divert excess energies on the network to ground
|Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported||120V AC; 230V AC|
|Recommended Electrical Service||120V, 230V|
|Input Cord Length (ft.)||0|
|Output Receptacles||(1) Network|
|Circuit Breaker (amps)||340|
SURGE / NOISE SUPPRESSION
|AC Suppression Joule Rating||0|
DATALINE SURGE SUPPRESSION
|Network (Ethernet) Protection||No|
|Additional Dataline Protection||1-9 & Chassis|
|Housing Color||Light Gray|
|Mounting Holes or Slots||No|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||5.00 x 3.00 x 2.00|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||0.16|
|Product Warranty Period (Worldwide)||Lifetime limited warranty|
Questions & Answers
More Q&As may be available on the DB9 model support page.
Documents & Downloads
Useful Web Pages
How can we improve the information on this page?
Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.