The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
Single-Phase Auto Transfer Switch / Metered PDU, 1.9kW 20A 120V, 1U Horizontal Rackmount, 16 5-15/20R outlets, 2 L5-20P / 5-20P adapters
Model Number: PDUMH20AT
- Single phase 20A 120V Auto Transfer Switch / ATS PDU
- Enables redundant-power option for single-corded network devices
- Separate primary & secondary inputs connect to any two compatible power sources
- 1U horizontal rackmount; 2 NEMA L5-20P / 5-20P inputs; 16 5-15/20R outlets
- Two digit visual current meter; Upgrade options available
Tripp Lite Metered ATS / Auto Transfer Switch provides a redundant power option for single-corded network devices. Dual input cords support separate connection to PRIMARY and SECONDARY power sources. The ATS will normally maintain continuous output to all outlets as derived from the primary input cable. If the primary power source becomes unstable or fails altogether, the ATS will switch over to the secondary power source until the primary input is restored and stable. Super-fast switchover between primary and secondary power sources occurs within milliseconds. ATS functionality is supported by any two compatible AC power sources, regardless of phase angle, to support a variety of advanced redundant power networking applications. Enables fault tolerant hot-swappable UPS protection when used with a single UPS and fully redundant UPS protection when each cord is connected to a separate UPS system. In a two-UPS environment, the primary input cable must be supported by a full time sine wave UPS with zero transfer time. Tripp Lite SmartOnline series is highly recommended for use as the primary UPS in a two-UPS application. ATS configurations utilizing separate mains circuits, backup generators and even separate utility power grid feeds are fully supported. On-board ATS processor constantly evaluates power quality on both input sources to prevent transfer to the secondary source when unavailable or of lower quality than the primary source. Front input LED's display primary or secondary power availability.
- 120V 20A Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) / Metered PDU (Agency de-rated to 16A continuous)
- Provides a redundant power option for critical networking equipment with a single input power cord
- 2 digit display reports output power consumption in amps
- 1U horizontal rackmount form factor; 14.5 in. / 36.8 cm depth
- 16 built-in NEMA 5-15/20R outlets (8 front / 8 rear)
- Set of two 12 ft. / 3.6m NEMA L5-20P input cables with set of two 5-20P adapters support connection to separate PRIMARY and SECONDARY inputs
- ATS circuits normally maintain output sourced from the primary input cable; As primary input power fails or becomes unstable, the ATS will switch to maintain output sourced from the secondary input cable until power on the primary input is restored and stable
- ATS configurations enable fault-tolerant, hot-swappable UPS protection when used with a single UPS and fully redundant UPS protection when each cord is connected to a separate UPS system (in a two-UPS environment, the primary input cable must be supported by an online UPS with zero transfer time similar to Tripp Lite SmartOnline series)
- Advanced ATS configurations utilizing separate mains circuits, backup generators and even separate out of phase utility power grid feeds are fully supported
- On-board ATS processor constantly evaluates power quality on both inputs to prevent transfer to the secondary source when unavailable or of lower quality than the primary source
- Super-fast switchover between primary and secondary power sources occurs in 2-7 milliseconds
- Built-in card slot supports optional SNMPWEBCARD for permanent upgrade to a switched & monitored PDU system
- Outlets are factory programmed for sequential turn-on at 250 milliscond intervals when the PDU is first energized to prevent inrush-related equipment interaction on startup
- Front panel LEDs confirm power availability on both input lines
- TAA Compliant Version Available - Order Tripp Lite PDUMH20ATAA
- Ideal means to provide single-corded network gear a redundant power option
- PDU with attached L5-20P primary input cord
- Detachable C19 to NEMA L5-20P secondary input cord
- Set of two L5-20R to 5-20P plug adapters
- 1U mounting brackets
- User manual with warranty information
|PDU Type||Auto-Transfer Switch; Metered|
|Output Capacity Details||1.9kW (120V input), 2.0kW (127V input), 1.6kW (100V input); 20A maximum (Agency de-rated to 16A continuous)|
|Frequency compatibility||60 Hz|
|Output nominal voltage||100-127V nominal, single phase|
|Outlet quantity / type||16 NEMA 5-15/20R|
|Outlet Type||NEMA 5-15R, NEMA 5-20R|
|PDU Input Voltage||100; 120; 127|
|Maximum Input Amps (A)||20|
|Maximum Input Amps (A) Details||Agency de-rated to 16A maximum|
|PDU Plug Type||NEMA 5-20P; NEMA L5-20P|
|Input cord length details||Both input cables are 12 ft / 3.6m - the cables each terminate to a L5-20P locking plug on the input side. Two included 6 inch plug adapters convert the locking plugs to NEMA 5-20P plugs|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Front panel LEDs||16 front panel LEDs display power on - off status for each outlet, plus 2 LEDs for power status on each input line cord. Digital Current Meter Display shows total load consumption of connected equipment in amps|
|Shipping Dimensions (HWD/in)||6.25 x 22.5 x 23.5|
|Shipping Dimensions (HWD/cm)||15.9 x 57.2 x 59.7|
|Shipping weight (lbs)||16.4|
|Shipping weight (kg)||7.4|
|Unit Dimensions (HWD/in)||1.75 (1U) x 17.5 x 14.5|
|Unit Dimensions (HWD/cm)||4.44 x 44.4 x 36.8|
|Unit weight (lbs)||12.2|
|Unit weight (kg)||5.5|
|Material of construction||Steel|
|Form factors supported||1U rackmount|
|PDU Form Factor||Horizontal (1U, 2U, etc)|
|Relative Humidity||Up to 95% (non-condensing)|
|SNMP compatibility||Includes slot for optional SNMPWEBCARD accessory to enable remote individual outlet control over IP|
|Appearance||Black 1U rackmount steel chassis|
|TAA Compliant Option||TAA Compliant Version Available - Order Tripp Lite PDUMH20ATAA|
|Certifications||Tested to UL 60950 (USA, Canada), Class A (Emissions), NOM (Mexico), RoHS Complaint|
|Product Warranty Period (Worldwide)||2-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Page 10 under 4.1B you'll find the Automatic Transfer Switch Source Selection.
For additional info please reach out to our UPS Applications team at 773-869-1236 or UPSApplications@tripplite.com.
The number is 773-869-1236 and email is email@example.com.
This team will be able to discuss the application with you and make sure this is the right fit.
Racks & Cooling: Accessories
Cables & Connectors : Power Cords & Adapters
This product has a 2-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
- Owner's Manual for PDUMH15-20AT/PDUMH15-20ATNET PDU 932857[pdf - 5 Mb]
- Power Distribution Unit (PDU) Specifications 9533AC English[pdf - 2 Mb]
Stencils for Visio®
Single Phase Power Distribution Units (PDUs) Visio Stencil
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.