The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
PowerVerter® 700W Ultra-Compact Inverter with 3 Outlets
Model Number: PV700HF
- 700W continuous output; 1400W peak output (instantaneous)
- Converts 12V DC (battery) power into 110-120V AC (household) power; 3 AC outlets
- Installs in minutes (integrated mounting feet included)
- Provides a quiet alternative to generator noise and fumes
- Includes "battery saver" low voltage alarm/shutdown
Utilize your vehicle's battery to efficiently power appliances, small electronics and office equipment on the road. Continuously supplies up to 700W of 120V AC power to 3 AC outlets from any 12V battery. Featuring an ultra-compact, lightweight design with metal housing, the PV700HF is the most rugged inverter available.
NOTE: To protect against high current draw that may occur during inverter failure, a fuse link rated at 125a should be positioned no more than 18" from the PV700HF's battery in the positive line.
- Provides 120V AC power for a variety of mobile applications
- 700W continuous output power; 1400W peak output power (instantaneous)
- 3 AC outlets
- Ultra-compact extruded aluminum housing stands up to the toughest environments
- Cooling fan lengthens inverter service life & maintains cool operation
- Integrated mounting feet assure safe fixed installation
- Low battery alarm/shutdown detects low battery voltage and shuts down inverter
- Overload alarm/shutdown detects wattage overload on inverter outlets and shuts down inverter as a protective measure
- DC input terminals provide a solid connection to battery with user-supplied cables
- Lighted on/off switch shows inverter operations in cramped or dark environments
- Grooved surface for more efficient cooling
- Ideal for powering laptops, televisions, video game systems, stereos, fans, battery chargers and other small, portable electronics
NOTE: Your load should not exceed your inverter's maximum continuous output power of 700 watts. To determine your total load, add the wattage ratings of all equipment you will connect to your inverter. Wattage ratings are usually listed in equipment manuals or on nameplates. If your equipment is rated in amps, multiply that number times AC utility voltage to estimate watts. (Example: a drill requires 2.5 amps. 2.5 amps × 120 volts = 300 watts.)
- PV700HF Ultra-Compact DC-to-AC Inverter
- Instruction manual with warranty information
|Frequency compatibility||60 Hz|
|Continuous output capacity (watts)||700|
|Peak output capacity (watts)||1400|
|Output nominal voltage||120V|
|Output voltage regulation||Maintains PWM sine wave output voltage of 115 V AC (+/- 8 V AC)|
|Output frequency regulation||60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)|
|Outlet quantity / type||3 NEMA 5-15R|
|Recommended Electrical Service||Requires 12V DC input source capable of delivering 80A for the required duration (when used at full capacity). For automotive applications, hardwire installation with 125A battery system fusing is recommended|
|Maximum input amps / watts||Full continuous load - 80A at 12V DC, No load - 0.95A at 12V DC, Shutdown - 150 micro amps|
|Input connection type||Set of 2 DC bolt-down wiring terminals|
|Input cord length details||User supplies cabling. Minimum gauges for full load operation: 6 gauge or larger (see instruction manual)|
|Voltage compatibility (VDC)||12|
|DC system voltage (VDC)||12|
LEDS ALARMS & SWITCHES
|Alarms||Dual-function alarm indicates overload conditions or low DC input voltage of 10.5V or less|
|Switches||Lighted on/off power switch|
|Shipping Dimensions (HWD/in)||3.75 x 6.25 x 10.3|
|Shipping Dimensions (HWD/cm)||9.53 x 15.88 x 26.16|
|Shipping weight (lbs)||3.5|
|Shipping weight (kg)||1.6|
|Unit Dimensions (HWD/in)||2.75 x 8.17 x 5|
|Unit Dimensions (HWD/cm)||7 x 20.75 x 12.6|
|Unit weight (lbs)||2.8|
|Unit weight (kg)||1.26|
|Material of construction||Aluminum/sheet metal|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% non-condensing|
|Appearance||Attractive metallic gray color scheme|
|Remote control capability||No|
|TVSS grounding||Main grounding screw for connecting inverter to earth, vehicle, or boat grounding systems|
|Product Warranty Period (Worldwide)||1-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
A local electricial may be able to help with obtaining that external input fuse.
For additional info on the PV700HF please reach out to our pre sales applications team at 773-869-1234 or email@example.com.
For addiitonal info, please reach out to our Presale Applications team at 773-869-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
[FAQ-777] What is the difference between the HF series and FC series inverters?
Because they are able to support an overpower situation for an hour, FC series inverters are better suited for industrial or heavy-duty devices. HF series inverters are not capable of supporting overpower situations for more than 500 milliseconds.[Last Updated: Mar 23, 2009]
- Was this answer helpful?
[FAQ-778] What is the main difference between the PV and APS series inverters?
APS series inverters include a built-in battery charger.[Last Updated: Mar 23, 2009]
- Was this answer helpful?
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.