The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
BP36V42-3U - 3U External 36V Rack/Tower Battery Pack for select Tripp Lite UPS Systems
Model Number: BP36V42-3U
- Extends the runtime of expandable 36V DC Tripp Lite UPS Systems
- Included daisychain connector supports the addition of multiple compatible external battery packs
- Supports 3U rackmount installation; 4 post installation accessories included
- Options for 2 post rackmount and tower installation available
BP36V42-3U rack/tower external battery pack offers extended battery runtime when used in conjunction with expandable 36V Tripp Lite rackmount and tower UPS systems. Includes heavy gauge cabling with high current DC connector for safe, simple installation. Included daisychain connector enables the connection of additional compatible 36V external battery packs to the host UPS. Included mounting accessories support 3U rackmount installation in 4 post racks. Options for 2 post center-mounting and upright tower installation available.
Compatible with these UPS Systems - SMART1000RMXL2U, SMART1200XLHG, SMART1500RMXL2UA, SMART1500RMXLN, SMART1500XL, SMX1200XLHG, SMX1500XLRT2U and other Tripp Lite UPS systems that specify the use of this battery pack.
- Offers extended-run UPS operation when used in conjunction with compatible 36V DC Tripp Lite UPS systems
- Includes heavy gauge cabling with high current DC connectors for simple installation
- Daisychain connector enables the connection of additional compatible 36V external battery packs to the host UPS
- Included mounting brackets support rackmount installation in 4 post racks using only 3 rack spaces (3U)
- 2POSTRMKITHD option supports balanced 2 point center-mounting in 2 post equipment racks
- 2-9USTAND option enables upright tower placement
- Ideal means of lengthening the battery runtime provided by compatible Tripp Lite UPS systems
- BP36V42-3U external battery pack with attached DC cabling
- 4 post compatible mounting hardware
- Owner's manual
|Expandable battery runtime||Includes a second input/output connector to daisy-chain multiple battery packs|
|DC system voltage (VDC)||36|
|Connects to UPS via||Detachable cable with UPS specific DC connector (36 in length, 6 gauge)|
|Typical battery lifespan||4-6 years typical (North America)|
|Installation form factors supported with included accessories||4 post 19 inch rackmount|
|Installation form factors supported with optional accessories||2 post rackmount (2POSTRMKITHD); Tower (2-9USTAND)|
|Shipping Dimensions (HWD/in)||11.5 x 23 x 33|
|Shipping Dimensions (HWD/cm)||29.2 x 58.4 x 83.8|
|Shipping weight (lbs)||190.9|
|Shipping weight (kg)||86.7|
|Unit Dimensions (HWD/in)||5.25 x 17.5 x 25|
|Unit Dimensions (HWD/cm)||13.3 x 44.45 x 63.5|
|Unit weight (lbs)||174.1|
|Unit weight (kg)||79.0|
|Material of construction||Steel|
|Form factors supported||3U Rack/Tower|
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||2-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (International)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Mexico)||1-year limited warranty|
|Product Warranty Period (Puerto Rico)||1-year limited warranty|
|Optional Coverage||3 and 5 year warranty extensions available|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
However if basing the runtime on half and full load of the Smart1500XLTAA (490 watts and 980 watts) adding the BP36V42-3U to the UPS system will bring the runtimes to 3 hrs 5 minutes and 1 hr 17 minutes.
The battery is 36 volts and 42 amp hours, however there always a direct correlation between wattage and runtime; in order to make sure the battery is providing the right runtime please reach out to our main product support team at 773-869-1233 option 3 or email@example.com.
UPS Systems: UPS Battery Packs & Accessories
Software & Downloads
- Owner's Manual for BP Battery 932487[pdf - 1 Mb]
- Installation Instructions for Select Rackmount UPS 933000[pdf - 4 Mb]
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.