The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
Tripp Lite's USB to Serial Adapter Cable enables a RS-232 serial device to be connected to a computer's USB port. Perfect for a PDA, digital camera, modem or ISDN terminal with a serial port. The unit features a portable design that does not require external power. Supports data transfer rates up to 230 kbps. 5 ft. overall length.
- Connect a RS-232 Serial device to the USB port on your computer or Android tablet / phone
- Compatible with Android tablets / phones with USB Host Mode (OTG) support and OS version 3.2 and above
- Connectors: USB-A male/DB9 male
- Portable design is ideal for use with a PDA or digital camera
- Does not require external power
- Supports data transfer rates up to 230 kbps
- Premium double-shielded cable with tinned copper braid and aluminum Mylar foil shield that eliminates cross-talk and reduces EMI/RFI interference
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux computers, and Android Tablets / Phones (See System Requirements for details)
- Prolific PL2303RA Chipset
- Notebook and desktop computers, tablets, and phones
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, 7, Server 2008, 8, 8.1, and Server 2012
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.9
- Compatible with Linux Redhat 7.3, 8.0 and 9.0 (Linux Kernel 2.4.31 and above already includes built-in drivers)
- Compatible with Android Devices (Tablets / Phones) with USB Host Mode (OTG) support and Android OS version 3.2 and above. Android Devices will require a USB Host Mode (OTG) cable (such as Tripp Lite's U052-06N) to connect the U209-000-R to the device.
- U209-000-R USB to Serial Adapter Cable
- Owner's Manual
|Intended Application||Connecting Peripherals|
|Cable Length (ft.)||5|
|Cable Length (m)||1.52|
|Unit Carton UPC#||037332095640|
USB A (MALE)
|Product Warranty Period (Worldwide)||2-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
I used a USA-19HS today for a PC where the serial port was not functioning to connect a bar code wand. The wand in the past connected to a port at 9600bps. I want to buy another as a spare for PCs with a faulty serial port. Would a U209-000-R be adequate for the same bar code wand?
Now I have here an actual Tripp-Lite U209-000-R unit right here on my desk. It is based on the Prolific PL-2303 chip! I'm able to use it with PL-2303 drivers.
And I know exactly what drivers are used because I'm using Linux, and can see the kernel log messages from the pl2303 driver as they recognize the device when it's plugged in. That's the only USB Serial driver I compiled in, and it drives the adapter.
So, no, the difference is deeper than just branding or software bundling. It is different hardware.
The two units are more different from each other than are two PL-2303 dongles from totally different manufacturers.
For additonal information please reach out to our main product support team at 773-869-1233 option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
[FAQ-915] Can you use a U209-000-R with a USB UPS?
No.[Last Updated: Jun 19, 2013]
- Was this answer helpful?
[FAQ-1123] What chipset does the U209-000-R use?
The chipset for the U209-000-R is Prolific.[Last Updated: Nov 1, 2013]
- Was this answer helpful?
Cables & Connectors : Display Signage/Display
Keyspan® Products: USB Adapters
This product has a 2-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
- U209-000-R Windows Drivers[zip - 389 Kb]
- U209-000-R Drivers for Windows 8 and Server 2012[zip - 122 Kb]
- U209-000-R Driver for Windows 8.1[zip - 127 Kb]
- U209-000-R Owner's Manual 933300[pdf - 529 Kb]
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.