The Cisco compatible logo signifies that Tripp Lite's product has undergone interoperability testing by Tripp Lite together with Cisco and a third-party test house based on testing criteria set by Cisco. Tripp Lite is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Cisco makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Tripp Lite's product or its interoperation with the listed Cisco product(s) and disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or against infringement.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Email a Page Link
42U 4-Post SmartRack Premium Open Frame Rack
Model Number: SR42UBEXPND
The SR42UBEXPND is 42U SmartRack enclosure with NO doors and NO side panels. The 'EXP' version is an expansion model used when several cabinets are bayed together. Its integrated baying tabs make it easy to combine multiple enclosures in rows for data center applications. This enclosure is also compatible with hot-aisle/cold-aisle configurations.
The SR42UBEXPND houses 3000 lb of standard 19-inch rack equipment in 42U. Its front and rear pairs of vertical rails have square mounting holes that are adjustable in quarter-inch increments from 4 to 37 inches. Adjustment is quick and an easy-view depth index ensures consistent rail placement without requiring time-consuming measurements. Each rack space within the enclosure is numbered for ready reference.
Two of the adjustable vertical mounting rails support toolless button-mount 0U installation of up to four compatible PDUs and cable managers. This feature makes it easier to route cabling to rack equipment and reduces cord clutter.
All components of the SR42UBEXPND are grounded to the enclosure frame. Front and rear threaded grounding points are provided for connection to the facility earth ground.
To simplify deployment, the SR42UBEXPND comes with preinstalled casters that enable it to be easily maneuvered into the desired location, where it can be secured by adjusting the preinstalled levelers. Note: the casters are intended for minor position adjustments and are not designed for moving the enclosure over long distances.
The SR42UBEXPND comes with a 5-year product warranty. As part of the SmartRack family, the SR42UBEXPND is compatible with Tripp Lite’s extensive range of rackmount accessories, enabling you to customize your solution to meet any requirement.
- Ships fully assembled for rapid deployment and roll into place on heavy-duty pre-installed casters (casters are removable)
- Front and rear sets of equipment mounting rails adjust in 1/4" increments. Adjustment is quick and convenient. The easy-view depth index ensures consistent rail placement without requiring time-consuming measurements.
- Toolless accessory mounting rails (2 rails per enclosure) include slots for quick installation of compatible PDUs and vertical cable managers. Mounting slots are arranged in an industry-standard pattern compatible with a wide variety of accessories. Each rail can accommodate two vertical PDUs or cable managers side-by-side (four items per enclosure).
- Enclosure includes mounting hardware of 50 pieces of M6 cage nuts and 50 pieces of M6 screws
- Textured powder coat finish for tough resistance to environmental concerns such as deployment in warehouses.
- Maximum usable internal depth of 37 inches/94 cm (front to rear rail).
- Weight ratings of 3000 lb stationary and 2250 lb rolling.
- Built in baying tabs allow premium open frame racks to be combined securely in rows. Center-to-center width can be set at 600mm or 24" to match standard data center floor tiles.
- Leveling feet extend to allow premium open frame racks to be positioned on uneven floors. Levelers are removable.
- Compact design allows the premium open frame racks to roll through standard height commercial doorways.
- Convenient grounding system. All components are grounded to the premium open frame rack structure which includes multiple connections for facility ground.
- Open bottom for cable access.
- Included stabilizing brackets are used for shipment and can be reattached at the bottom of the premium open frame rack on the inside or outside of the rack.
- Compatibility with all cable management accessories.
|Installed Whole System Maximum Rack Depth (in.)||37|
|Installed Whole System Maximum Rack Depth (cm)||94.0|
|Installed Whole System Minimum Rack Depth (in.)||4|
|Rack Height (U Spaces)||42|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.)||84.5 x 27.75 x 47|
|Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm)||214.63 x 70.48 x 91.44|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||165|
|Shipping Weight (kg)||74.8|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||78.5 x 23.63 x 43|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||142|
|Unit Weight (kg)||64.4|
|Unit Dimensions (cm)||199.39 x 60.02 x 109.22|
|Weight Capacity - Stationary (lbs.)||3000|
|Weight Capacity - Rolling (lbs.)||2250|
|Weight Capacity - Stationary (kg)||1360.8|
|Weight Capacity - Rolling (kg)||1020.6|
|Grounding Lug||Front and Back door frames|
|Certifications||RoHS, UL 60950, CE|
|NOM (Mexico)||Tested to NOM (Mexico)|
|Approvals||EIA/ECA-310-E, IEC 60297-3-100, DIN 41494|
|Product Warranty Period (Worldwide)||5-year limited warranty|
† Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. See a list of Tripp Lite's testing agencies.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Our Chicago-based team of tech support experts is available to work with you at your convenience online and via phone or fax:
Online Pre Sales Support
Thanks again for your interest in Tripp Lite. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
UPS Systems: UPS Battery Packs & Accessories
Racks & Cooling
This product has a 5-year limited warranty. Get more information
Software & Downloads
- Installation Guide for SmartRack Latch 932902[pdf - 550 Kb]
- Owner's Manual for Smart Rack Enclosures 932723 (Multi-language)[pdf - 11 Mb]
- SR42UBEXPND Submittal Drawing[pdf - 588 Kb]
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
How can we improve the information on this page? Is an important specification missing? Did you spot an error? Please let us know how we can make this information more useful to you.