Model Number: B020-U16-19-K
NetDirector 16-Port 1U Rack-Mount Console KVM Switch with 19-in. LCD + 8 PS2/USB Combo Cables
- Occupies just 1U of space in a rack-mountable drawer
- 19” LCD screen supports video resolutions up to 1280 x 1024
- Simplifies IT tasks with easy switching between all 16 ports
- Provides 2-level password security (administrator and user)
- Combo cables (included) connect to PS/2 or USB servers
Tripp Lite’s B020-U16-19-K KVM Switch gives you a rack-mountable keyboard, LCD and touchpad in a single console that occupies only 1U of rack space. Easy to install and use, it’s the optimal solution for controlling up to 16 computers/servers.
The B020-U16-19-K has a built-in 19” LCD screen that supports video resolutions up to 1280 x 1024. You can switch easily between the 16 ports using on-console push buttons, an on-screen display(OSD) or keyboard hot key commands. Multi-level password security can be set up for an administrator and up to 4 local users to ensure only those with authorization can access the connected computers.
The eight included P778-series combo cable kits support both PS/2 and USB connections, so no adapters are required. A console cable kit can be plugged into the rear of the unit to allow for connection of a Tripp Lite B051-000 IP Remote Access Unit or an external console. A USB port on the front of the keyboard lets you connect an external mouse, plus an external USB 1.1 port means you can add a peripheral that can be shared across all connected servers. When not in use, the B020-U16-19-K stores neatly in a rack drawer and pulls out when needed. This KVM console is compatible with all major operating systems. Heavy-duty steel housing stands up to frequent use.
- Combines a 16-port KVM switch, 19” LCD screen, full keyboard and touchpad in a 1U rack-mountable drawer
- Mounts into 19”-wide rack, 26”-38” deep
- Gives you control of up to 16 servers from a single, easily accessible console – ideal when rack space is at a premium
- Includes eight P778-Series cables that support computers with either PS/2 or USB connections
- Flip-up/fold-down screen keeps the console from blocking access to rack equipment when not in use
- Eliminates need to buy costly separate monitors, keyboards and mice for each computer/server
Simplifies IT Tasks
- Switch easily between the 16 ports via on-console buttons, on-screen display or hot keys; OSD can be set to English, Spanish, French, German or Japanese
- Hot pluggable; add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
- Auto-scan mode automatically sequences through all active ports that are accessible to the user
Large 19” LCD
- Extra-wide display makes multitasking easier
- Supports video resolutions up to 1280 x 1024
- DDC emulation allows the video settings of each computer to be automatically adjusted for optimal output to the LCD
Multi-Level Password Security
- Enhances security by limiting access to an administrator and up to 4 local users
- Two-level log-out allows for manual log-out or automatic log-out after a user-defined period of time has passed
Future Expandability and Long-Lasting Reliability
- A console cable kit is included so you can connect the external console port to a keyboard, mouse or monitor, or a Tripp Lite B051-000 IP Remote Access Unit
- An additional USB port on the front of the unit lets you connect an external USB mouse; a USB port is also available to share a peripheral such as a flash drive or external hard drive with all the connected servers
- Compatible with all major operating systems for easy integration into your existing structure
- Firmware is upgradable with included cable and utility
- Heavy-duty steel housing stands up to frequent use
- Computer with HD15 port, and USB port or PS/2 keyboard/mouse ports
- P778-006 USB/PS2 combo KVM cable kit is required for each connected computer/server
- Compatible with all major operating systems
- Power consumption: 120V, 60Hz, 28.5W; 230V, 50Hz, 29.1W
- B020-U16-19-K 1U rackmount console KVM switch with 19” LCD
- (x8) P778-006 6 ft. USB/PS2 combo KVM cable kits
- USB/PS2 combo console cable kit
- RJ11 to DB9 firmware upgrade cable
- C13 to 5-15P power cord
- Grounding wire
- Rackmount hardware
- CD with owner's manual
- Quick start guide
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Tripp Lite NetDirector 16-Port 1U Rack-Mount Console KVM Switch with 19-in. LCD + 8 PS2/USB Combo Cables:
This is the second unit I have purchased over the last several years. The 19" screen makes it very nice. The unit is sturdy, easy to install, and easy to use. The cables are clean, molded into one connector at the KVM Switch end, and breaks out on the other end with VGA, USB, and PS2 connectors (for those older machines/servers out there).
Note, the unit comes with eight (8) of the 16 cables, all six feet long. This works out nice for me as I then ordered up the next eight cables as 10' long for those distant end servers withibn the rack. They do offer a 15 length cable as well.
Overall, this is a solid product and would definately recommend.
I'd like to get the out-of-band module, The B051-000, but the reviews on this website from other users would seem that this product has not matured yet to warrant that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The power supply on the B020-U19-19-K is switchable and will support 100-240V AC @ 50/60 Hz.
Additional FAQs may be available on the B020-U16-19-K model support page.
- Owner's Manual for B020-U/B022-U Series KVM Switches 932900 (English)
- Quick Start Guide for Select Console & Rackmount KVMs 932901
- KVM Safety Addendum 93-336E French
Useful Web Pages
Find more products by tag: